Question about a dual fan set up

wildcard

Gbody Finatic
Just bought the dual fan set up from Gbodyparts. I've got the fans installed, but it's tight and I'm not sure how it's supposed to be positioned with respect to the oil lines since they seem to be really close to the mounting ears that are part of the fan assy. Does anybody have detailed photos of the fan orientation and the custom brakets required to mount it? I've searched for a thread I knew to exist about a year ago on this, but can't find it. Thanks!

Just bought the dual fan set up from Gbodyparts. I've got the fans installed, but it's tight and I'm not sure how it's supposed to be positioned with respect to the oil lines since they seem to be really close to the mounting ears that are part of the fan assy. Does anybody have detailed photos of the fan orientation and the custom brakets required to mount it? I've searched for a thread I knew to exist about a year ago on this, but can't find it. Thanks!

I've got the RamChargers Dual Fan set up on my car. Not sure if yours is the same one.
Actually it's off the car at the moment as I've been doing some work this winter and needed some extra room to work (changed front cover, timing chain / gears, ALRADCO Radiator etc), so had to remove the rad, intercooler, etc.
I just so happend to have it out in the garage. It's got all the brackets that I had to make up installed on it.
I'll snap a couple of pics for you and post them later tonight.

You will have to cut off the mounting ears on the RamChargers fan set up to fit properly, but it's no big deal. Just trial and error fit until you can get it in flush behind your radiator. I put some trunk weatherstrip around the perimeter of the fan housing so it seals somewhat agains the radiator.

I highly suggest Caspers / Racetronix Dual Fan Relay set up....I can vouch for it......System works great!

dave

Here's some pictures of how I mounted mine.

RamCharger Dual Fans 008.jpgRamCharger Dual Fans 002.jpgRamCharger Dual Fans 004.jpgRamCharger Dual Fans 005.jpgRamCharger Dual Fans 006.jpgRamCharger Dual Fans 007.jpg RamCharger Dual Fans 003.jpg

Thanks for the pics, I was sure that those ears had to be lopped off, but didn't want to start hacking it to death with out being sure about it.