Question about a dashboard switch

_Brent_

There is a switch located to the right side of the interior light dimmer switch. It has what I'm assuming is an OFF/ON position. On the back side there are two wires connected to the switch, black and red. I've turned this switch on and then off but don't see anything going on when I try the different positions. Does anyone have any idea what the purpose of this switch is ?

There is a switch located to the right side of the interior light dimmer switch. It has what I'm assuming is an OFF/ON position. On the back side there are two wires connected to the switch, black and red. I've turned this switch on and then off but don't see anything going on when I try the different positions. Does anyone have any idea what the purpose of this switch is ?
Something the previous owner added. The only way to tell is to trace the wires. Could be a switch to turn on the radiator fan or any number of things.

OK thanks, that could definitely be true since the previous owner did a lot of off the wall things with wires and stuff. I'll trace it out-I was just hoping it was a factory/standard item.

_Brent_ said:
OK thanks, that could definitely be true since the previous owner did a lot of off the wall things with wires and stuff. I'll trace it out-I was just hoping it was a factory/standard item.

My GN had two switches like that. One for the fan and one for the power antenna.

My GN had two switches like that. One for the fan and one for the power antenna.
No antenna on mine, and check this, the fan switches are manual but he used "heated seat" switches for the manual fans hahaha. When I first got the car I was like who needs heated seats in California LOL