Quad Turbo

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
I got a new phone and I was looking through the pix and transfering them off of the old Phone. I came across these.

IMAG0693.jpg

IMAG0694.jpg

That is a quarter I am holding there for comparison.

IMAG0689.jpg

IMAG0691.jpg

IMAG0690.jpg

Using the four bolt flange there.

It is from my former job. This powers the pump used to pump the guns down hole to perforate the well so the frac can take place. When they frac they use four or five pump trucks like this one to push the sand and chemicals down into the well and out into the formation to get the gas/oil out. This is fairly old compared to the nicer pumps used by the pressure pumping companies.

Just thought the four big turbos were cool.

Way cool!

Reminds me of when I was a tank mechanic in the Army, stationed in Germany. We had super/ turbo charged, aluminum blocked, air cooled, V12 engines, almost the size of a Turbo Buick. Making tons of HP and TQ. Pushing a 52 ton tank, with a top speed of 38 mph.:eek: Sometimes I wish I still had my old M88 for some of the Dyno get togethers.:D

We actually use to drag race these beasts when I was there. I had modded mine to do a top speed of 42 mph.:D I had the fastest tank in the battalion.

True story...

Mike Barnard

Sounds like a true gear head; mod ANYTHING to make it faster! I once modded a '79 Ford Fiesta when I lived in Spain. Straight exhaust, ported head, ported ex man, drilled the carb jet out a touch, etc.

I am surprised no one has snagged those turbos off the orig pic and tried to put them on an import or something. ;)

i can see it now

Sounds like a true gear head; mod ANYTHING to make it faster! I once modded a '79 Ford Fiesta when I lived in Spain. Straight exhaust, ported head, ported ex man, drilled the carb jet out a touch, etc.

I am surprised no one has snagged those turbos off the orig pic and tried to put them on an import or something. ;)

that turbo ruding shotgun because nothing else will fit in the import some smuck is trying to use it on.