quad air wires suck !!!!!!!

GMV6TURBOPOWER

last summer i bought 2 sets of wires from quad air and a couple chips. i put the new wires on 1 car and had the second set for spares as i have a few cars. well my car i was working on had stock injectors and after waiting about 6 weeks for a chip because their machine to burn chips was broke and then they were supposedly sent to another person with the same name. i pulled 50 # injectors out of another car because the season was coming to a end .well i started to develop a pop i assumed a fouled plug from race gas so i pulled the wires off by the boot not the wire and they had dielectric grease on they and only about 3000 miles and the metal ends pulled off on 3 of the wires. i was pissed off between this and my missing chips. i called up jane told her what happened and she said would you like some more wires? i said yes assuming they were free to make up for piece of crap ones well she charged me for 2 more sets i was not happy. well i just used another set installed about a week ago about 700 miles on them and guess what the metal part pulled off on another wire. i realize these wires are only arond $25 and they had a good write in the **** next to the magnacore wires i run on my other cars but the magnacores don't fall apart like these do i know the magnacores are more than twice the price but that is not the point! i know quad air has a great reputation i have bought from them other items with no problems but their wires are junk sorry but it is true!

"$25 and they had a good write in the **** next to the magnacore wires i run on my other cars but the magnacores don't fall apart like these do i know the magnacores are more than twice the price but that is not the point! i know quad air has a great reputation i have bought from them other items with no problems but their wires are junk sorry but it is true!"

Good call GMV6TURBOPOWER! They are pretty lousy wires but like you said for $25 bucks, I feel you get what you pay for. For a mostly stock car there great but when running a modded up car that creates alot more heat these wires dont hold up well. Been a loyal customer since '96 and quit using these about 5 years ago.

yep quad air wires are JUNK learned that 7 years ago the same way .......

No problems here and they fit excellent. I have been using them for over ten years on all my turbo cars. I have seen them on alot of quick turbo cars and never heard of any of these probs.

i agree the fit is excellent as the magnacores are way to long but why do the metal parts that clip on the spark plugs keep coming off when you pull them off by the boot and it's not like they have been on there for months of years where the boots are melted on. i use dielectric grease and i usually give them a little twist and pull by the boot and the come apart. this has happened on 3 sets of these wires now probably 7 out 18 wires have come apart.i just think these wires are junk.maybe they need to figure out how to keep the metal parts attached better other companies have?:confused:

Yes, the fit of the Quad wires is as good as it gets, really gives the motor comp. a clean look. I hate seeing those sloppy-a** long wires under the hood of these turbo cars. I would pay the 25 bucks for the Quad
wires a hundred times over just to keep the clean look. What part of the boot are you pulling from? I had to go out and pull some of my wires, they came off with no prob? Once they're on, how many times do you really have to even be messing with them

im just curious as to have you ever made your own wires?..its pretty simple to cut to size and if they pop off they may just need crimped more,ive made the mistake of not crimping them tight enough and have them pop off...
they make a special tool that crimps them proper,buy the tool and recrimp the quad wires and keep them,or crop the wires that are too long..very simple fix:confused:

I have been using the Qaud Air wires for over 10 years with no problems but I have to say the last set I had did the same thing last time I changed plugs. I bought another set just a few weeks ago because I wanted to give the wires a second chance since I have had many sets with no problems so I will see how these do.

Ive seen Quad air wires seperate fairly easily. They arent crimped tight enough. The best wires cosmetically and performance wise are Russ Merritts wires. Bar none. They are black, the correct length, come assembled ready for install, are numbered individually, and are high performance MSD wire. They will last years and are crimnped on really tight so they can be removed without worrying about pulling the ends off. Once you buy a set of these you wont even think about another wire.

Sorry the Reds crapped out.

I ahve had the same results with teh lifetime warr advance auto wires and just swap em out yearly. For the price they work great.

The MSD SC sucked inmy opinion..caused noise in my radio and idled rougher than the el cheapos..LOL

Only "TAYLOR 10.4mm Wires!"

In my book the ONLY set of wires to get are the TAYLOR 10.4mm wires! They are awsome wires, they fit well and iv'e had them on my car for years now and through 3 engines. You do get what you pay for... Scot w.

Russ Merritt Spark plug wires are light years ahead on anything else. Period.

Everytime I pull a set of wires off my car I spray WD-40 into the end of them and they come off easier the next time I go to pull them off. Been doing it for 10 years with no problems.

I have had the Red Armstrong wires for 3 years and no problems. Maybe quality has gone down?

Jason

I hear "Buzz Lightyear" uses them for his jet pack!
----------------------------
Nope, he uses Taylor 10.4's. That's why the jet pack crashed. J/K
----------------------------
All kidding aside, I am sure that all of us have have our favorite brands.
I will not run Red & Jane Armstrong of Quadair down, they supply a lot of good products to the turbo Buick community. I have ordered stuff from Red before, and they delivered it in a very timely manner, and it came as expected. Spark plug wires I like Russ Merritt's. I also like the fact that he builds on MSD. Interstingly enough, when Race Jace, another top supplier to the turbo Buick community with a virtural flawless reputation for product integrity & quality & customer satisfaction chose Russ Merrit spark plug wires to compliment his product line. I am sure that Taylor's are fine, but I will stick with Russ's wires.