Q-Forms Kick Panels and Parking Brake Modification

turbomark

Has anyone modified the parking brake to fit the Q-Forms molded speaker kick panels? I'd like to install a set and would like to follow the lead of someone who has already done this.....:confused:

Thanks,

Mark.

You have the easy way and the involved way.
Easy way - Takes 2 pipe wrenches. Put one near the top of the parking brake and the other on the bottom. Bend parking brake out the desired amount.:rolleyes: If you do not use the wrench on the top for support, you can rip the parking brake assembly out of the dash.:eek: Ask my bro-in-law how he knows!:tongue:

Involved way - Takes a cut-off tool, a welder and a pipe wrench. Cut nearly all the way through the parking brake. Use pipe wrench to bend parking brake out the desired amount. Weld the cuts up. Use some additional steel for bracing if you made a big cut and bend (Note: A big cut/bend is not required).:tongue:

John

OK.......... so if I choose the involved way, how much do I need to offset the brake so the panel will fit..??:confused:

I already have the assembly out on a bench, so cutting/welding is not a problem.

TIA,

Mark.
:)

Trial and error. Bend a little and test fit, repeat as necessary. Haven't bent 2 the exact same amount in all the G bodies I've done.
John