Q about the T on the steering wheel???

bryguy

BACK IN BLACK !!!
I have an 86 GN and it does not have a bright red T in the center of the steering wheel and was wondering what came with it and when...History Question ??? I was wondering cause I saw a ?GN for sale last year on the way to the beach at a car dealership that was questionable...it had all the GN emblems but a red T on the steering wheel? is this a turbo T or GN ???
thanks for enlightening me, Bryan:eek:

Yours is correct for a GN and the one at the dealer was replaced. What happened was that that other GN had its original Buick symbol damaged ( that was common) and was replaced with an incorrect (for a GN) T center .. The ones for the GN have been discontinued for some time now and all that is available is the T that you have..I have seen that a few times actually..

Actually, what happens is the plastic trim ring around the button (with all the fake Allens head screws in it) gets cracked. The GM replacement comes with a "T" horn cap. Lots of GN owners don't bother to replace it with their original cap - the Buick tri-sheild emblem.

Jim