Q&A Session with the 2 "Gods" of the Buick V6 at BPG T-PARTY! Your questions???

VETKILR

Staff member
So I would like to know what questions would you like to ask Ron Kociba and Ron Yuil, the two "fathers of the Turbo 3.8 V6 Engine? I will compile the list and print it out in addition to any and all questions that the audience asks them while at the event.

I will also have a few others who worked part in parcel with the above listed that could serve as a separate panel for questions and answers about the history of what made the 3.8 V6 (turbo) engine so unique and legendary.

Have at it guys and gals!

Why did they position #3 eq lifter differently then all the other lifters by moving it appox .125 of an inch closer to the cam lobe center line ,thus making it very common for our engines to wipe out the #3 ex lifter.:confused:

More info on the water injection setup they were playing with?

Rear cylinders being lean/air distribution in the intake manifold?

Here's another one.

What material did they put in the crossmember under the engine to attract and hold any and all matter of wrench and socket

What else would they have done if they had a little more time or a couple more years of production.

Pete

Why oh Why only 4 bolts per Cylinder... :confused:

Also, how on earth did they get GM to spring for SPS rod bolts.???

Lastly Who came up with the Rolled fillets on the crankshaft and how did the design process go?

Okay one more..

Asuming that these guys designed this engine long before they thought about turbocharging it, at what point in this design did they realise they had a special engine with such high potential...

I have been told the answer to this one, but it doesn't hurt to get second opinnions:

Why were there 547 GNX's made, and not some round number?

Why not a 4.1 turbo? Since there already was a 4.1 N/A production and a Buick Motorsport Block?