Pypes exhaust

PSU 98

Looking at buying a Pypes catback, the part # I found was SGG53S, can anyone confirm if this is the right system? Their website was a little hard to navigate, so I emailed the company and since I'm relatively close to their warehouse I got a "picked up" price $100 more than the eBay shipped price :confused: which just sounds wrong...
Also do tailpipes on this system go straight out under the rear bumper or do they dump behind the rear wheels like stock?

I ordered mine directly from Kirban with the slash cut/factory exit style tailpipes-I haven't installed them on the car yet and they are still in the box. The model # on the box states: SGG50R. This was for a 2.5" cat-back stainless system with mufflers.

Chuck, thanks - I think I had the wrong part #. Looks like SSG50S for Street-Pro system and SSG50R for Race-Pro :cool:

had mine for 2 years, but if memory serves. the xxxx53x is the monte style straight out the back style and the xxxx50x is the GN style, the S vs. R at the end is the type of muffler.. the "R" is what you want, thats the straight-thru "race" style muffler.

ps: for 300 plus 200 in an electric cutout i have, imo, the PERFECT exhaust system.. stainless 2.5" duals that flow really well, don't drone at all, and sound mean at idle, plus the ability to get loud and obnoxious with the flip of a switch.. i'm sure jason's 3" cross-flow system sounds amazing, but i love my cheap cat-back with potential to be belligerantly loud :cool:

I wouldn't buy anything from that company. I had a very bad experience with them and they refused to make it right. Bought a "show special" in Columbus a few years ago. they displayed a nice shinny polished system. The one they sell was the cheaper stainless that car manufacturers use. I could of got a better price at jegs accross the street and returned it with no problems. they wouldn't take it back. I wouldn't put that system in a dog house for a chimney

Chuck, thanks - I think I had the wrong part #. Looks like SSG50S for Street-Pro system and SSG50R for Race-Pro :cool:

I have the SSG50R for 2 years now, very easy to install and not too loud
I can take a video for you tonight if you want heard the sound :)

Sound

I have the SSG50R for 2 years now, very easy to install and not too loud
I can take a video for you tonight if you want heard the sound :)

Please do so. I have listened to the sounds on youtube.com, but no body really revs it up. I am thinking about getting this exhaust, but want to make sure I like the sound. How about a WOT drive by?

Thank you in advance.

looking at buying a pypes catback, the part # i found was sgg53s, can anyone confirm if this is the right system? Their website was a little hard to navigate, so i emailed the company and since i'm relatively close to their warehouse i got a "picked up" price $100 more than the ebay shipped price :confused: Which just sounds wrong...
Also do tailpipes on this system go straight out under the rear bumper or do they dump behind the rear wheels like stock?

i have seen that system i don't really care for it i think your better off getting a gn1 performance just imo.

I bought the Pypes kit a few years ago when it first came out (4-5 years?) and it is till in great shape (stainless). With that said, fitment is not great and the sound is ok I guess. Pypes is generally crappy fitting stuff, too bad Hooker deosnt make their system in stainless, that fits 100% and sounds better than Pypes IMO.

Gn1

i have seen that system i don't really care for it i think your better off getting a gn1 performance just imo.

I would love to get the GN1, but it is too pricey for me. I will admit that it is a beautiful kit, and if I could afford it, I would get it or RJC's. For what is included in the kit, it looks like a hell of a deal.

I have Pypes on my GN. It sounds great, looks good, installed easy, fits well. Can I ask for more? It was Least expensive than any other SS exhaust system that works. Everything needed to instal was included in the box. The mufflers are see through. I now have 300hp at the wheels, the car idles smoother. All due to resent mods including the exhaust.

Duber that sounds pretty good. The GN1 system is a bit pricey. I just can't figure out how Pypes gave me a $450 price picked up at their warehouse but whatever

Duber that sounds pretty good. The GN1 system is a bit pricey. I just can't figure out how Pypes gave me a $450 price picked up at their warehouse but whatever

I never heard the GN1, but like you said, they are too pricey, I bought mine from Summit, for 390$$
As for the installation, I've installed mine alone, took me 1 1/2h of course the old one was removed before, I thought it would take me all day long :biggrin:
the sound of the camera is not very good :mad: If you like what you heard in the video, sure you will love it :D