Pypes exhaust for the TR...

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone know if this is the same system? From Summit $419, from Kirban $399. The Kirban ad says not polished, the Summit ad says Natural finish just wondering if it was the same? Both are stainless steel.

http://www.kirbanperformance.com/pr...TEM+(Non-Polished+Stainless+Steel)+#6996.html

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pye-sgg50r

I buy from Kirban all of the time and I want to support our vendors but I want the best bang for the buck as well. Don't mind paying $20 more if I'm getting more. They look the same but not sure?

Looks the same, I got mine from summit probably 4years ago and I believe it was maybe $375 at the time , I got a couple hundred dollar gift card and put it towards that. Good system just take your time with install, and you'll be happy with it...Mike

I have the one from kirban on one of my cars its the same.. its pretty quiet also you might want to hear it first if you like a little louder sound.

Quiet is good I like being sneaky lol I have a electric dump for that occasional blast to WOT. lol

Thanks guys ordering from Dennis.

I just had that same system put on (while at Nick Micale's...don't know where he bought it) and really like the sound...

Quiet is good I like being sneaky lol I have a electric dump for that occasional blast to WOT. lol

Thanks guys ordering from Dennis.
If you want a more quiet , no drone system , replace the Pypes Race Pro mufflers with DynoMax VT mufflers....awesome !

Bryan

So, the Kirban/Pypes system drones? I'm looking into a new system now as I have Flowmaster 10S (dual 2.5") and can't hear myself think through the severe drone. I swear it's louder inside than outside and just plain punishing. I like the looks and idea of the GN-1 3" dual stainless system, but have never heard a pitbull muffler and that's some serious coin to put down if it's still loud inside the car. I have a dump for the track, so don't care much about restriction. Just want "throaty" to have a "presence", but I want to enjoy driving the car. Thoughts?

If you want a more quiet , no drone system , replace the Pypes Race Pro mufflers with DynoMax VT mufflers....awesome !
Bryan

Pypes has various mufflers for their G-Body systems, and the specific Pypes turbo mufflers we use do not drone.

I have personally installed over a dozen of Pypes systems on turbo cars including a couple of mine, and "drone" has never been an issue?

I have the pypes exhaust with the race pro mufflers and to me it doesn't drone. Its actually surprisingly quiet even with the cat removed. It's barely louder than the stock exhaust when you are just cruising around.

Pypes has various mufflers for their G-Body systems, and the specific Pypes turbo mufflers we use do not drone.

I have personally installed over a dozen of Pypes systems on turbo cars including a couple of mine, and "drone" has never been an issue?
I understand that they have different mufflers, that is why I specifically named the Race Pro mufflers....