Puzzled

Tmizunocherry

I recently put a new power window motor switch in on drivers side. Worked good for a few times. Then it got I would have to bang on the door to get the drivers window down. But the passenger would go down. Then it got where the drivers side would not go anywhere but passenger would go down with a bang or two then eventually nothing. Now the puzzling part my passenger will not go down at all on the passenger switch??? Going to buy a new 30 fuse that is silver in color to see if that helps. I have heard there is a ground on the drivers door but I hate to pop off the interior panel again. Where exactly is the ground located and could this be my problem??
Thanks for your assistance!

If you take the door panel off the wire comes out the opening and bolts to the door there should be two grounds on the door. If you still have the paper on your door you will have to move it. It really sounds like you might just have a bad connection somewhere. Did you replace the window switches that helps too those contacts in there usually get dirty.

That ground is located close to the window motor towards the engine bay inside the door. it's a small ground and the screw may be on the inside as mine was when i was having problems with my window motor. Also note that I believe the passenger window switch has a circuit that runs through the drivers window switch. So if the driver switch is bad neither switch will work. I can scan and send you testing procedures for the power window system tomorrow if you think that would help you.. they are out of the factory service manual. Just give me your email address.

Lorenso

Yes, I replaced the switch about a month or two ago. First I thought it was my drivers motor at first but I got the panel off it worked occassionally then worked all the time with the new switch for awhile then a gradual decrease of function and now both.
Yes please send me that for testing procedure! I am building a library slowly on my 87 GN. I believe sources of info is worth having. One day I may be able to help someone else out. My email is tylercherry@hotmail.com.
Thanks

That ground is located close to the window motor towards the engine bay inside the door. it's a small ground and the screw may be on the inside as mine was when i was having problems with my window motor. Also note that I believe the passenger window switch has a circuit that runs through the drivers window switch. So if the driver switch is bad neither switch will work. I can scan and send you testing procedures for the power window system tomorrow if you think that would help you.. they are out of the factory service manual. Just give me your email address.

Lorenso

Lorenso,

I would like a copy of that if you don't mind. realjoesnuffy@yahoo.com

Thanks,
John

Happy troubleshooting guys... You have email waiting for those who requested it..

Lorenso