no oiling hole in rocker arm ????

6Packer

am I missing something...........other than an oiling hole maybe ??? replacing retainer buttons & noticed this on only 1 rocker arm not having an oiling hole where the pushrod seats. passenger side, have not got to drivers side yet.

Attachments

• rocker.jpg
    rocker.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 60
  • rocker2.jpg
    rocker2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 61
Ho Chi Min's BIL forgot to drill it.
Might try to drill it but the material may be hardened. Replace it.

Ho Chi Min's BIL forgot to drill it.
Might try to drill it but the material may be hardened. Replace it.
yeah, too hard for my drill bits Chuck. got a new one coming from NAPA w/a hole in it! first for me, but I'm by far the most experienced !!

Better look at the shaft! (Bottom)
The pushrod will oil the pushrod cup, the hole in the pushrod cup oils the rocker to shaft interface. Without the hole, the only oil to the shaft area will be splash from the adjacent rockers, that may or may not be enough depending upon how hard the car was run. Also look at the valve tip, oil in the rocker also spills off of the end of the "bathtub" onto the valve tip, or again, splash may have saved it.
Good time to order 1.65 hi lift rockers! They come with new shafts and spacers, and you can return those buttons too.
TIMINATOR

Better look at the shaft! (Bottom)
The pushrod will oil the pushrod cup, the hole in the pushrod cup oils the rocker to shaft interface. Without the hole, the only oil to the shaft area will be splash from the adjacent rockers, that may or may not be enough depending upon how hard the car was run. Also look at the valve tip, oil in the rocker also spills off of the end of the "bathtub" onto the valve tip, or again, splash may have saved it.
Good time to order 1.65 hi lift rockers! They come with new shafts and spacers, and you can return those buttons too.
TIMINATOR
checked all your suggestions TIMINATOR, all seem to be fine. fortunately, my car only has 26k miles on it........not that it makes it all okay, but all seems well. still shaking my head & chuckling !

Hey there Chuck.......I don't think " Ho Chi Min's BIL" was workin' @ the Factory , back in the 80"s ? :ROFLMAO: But, then again, I'm most likely naive . I'm discover'n that This Sheeeazit goes back a lot farther than anyone of us realized . :cry: :mad: