Puyallup Buick Open June 19

cjp69

For all of you guys up North, there are some Buick guys who are driving down to the show, in case you want to meet up with them, here is their itinerary:

A group of us caravan to Puyallup from north of Seattle every year.

Any of you British Columbia or Woodinville/Redmond/Kirkland/Bellevue Buick guys are welcome to join with us. Here's our schedule:

7:15 AM -- Leave King Charlie's Drive-In restaurant in Snohomish.
(To find King Charlie's, travel south on Interstate 5 to Highway 2 exit to Snohomish/Wenatchee. Drive Highway 2 east to second Snohomish exit -- Highway 9. Drive south on Highway 9 a few hundred feet, King Charlie's on the left. My cell phone number that morning: 425 879-9969.)

7:30 AM -- Leave espresso stand in Woodinville, west side of Highway 9, just north of interchange with Highway 522. We'll head toward Bothell on 522, then jump onto Interstate 405 heading south.

8:00 AM -- Donuts provided! We'll pick up additional Buicks and drivers at the Park and Ride lot on the west side of Interstate 405, exit #12 -- just south of downtown Bellevue and near the big Greenbaum's home furnishings store, which is readily visible from the freeway.

From there, we'll head south to Renton, jump onto Highway 167 and cruise to Puyallup.

Generally, we have everything traveling with us from GS's and Rivieras to 1938 Specials. The show is fantastic, but the chance to cruise in a long string of old Buicks makes it even better! We've got one guy joining us from Montana for the drive down.

On another subject, it's my club putting on the Arlington show just off Interstate 5 at Smokey Point. Hope to see many of you there on June 5. If you're like me, you'll never miss an opportunity to meet up with a large group of other Buick enthusiasts.

BCA #5168

I haulin the family out there. We're just going to hang out this year and not enter or join the cruise. That way we can get there a little later and leave earlier (before the thunderstorms hit this year).

I'm in. I might meet up with you guys at the park and ride in south Bellevue. If not , I'll meet you all at the show.

I am going to come up from portland Friday afternoon - I have some family in the area. Let me know if it works and maybe I can meet you guys somewhere Sat morn prior to going in.
Gary

Anyone have time to offer detailed directions to this show (coming up from Portland on Friday). Also any ideas on a "car safe" place to spend the night on Friday? - I was thinking a campground but I dont think there are any close. Thanks much!
Gary

The address on the flyer I have is ( 115 2nd Avenue SE Puyallup, WA. ) It also states Show hours are 10:00 AM- 5:00 PM, parking begins at 8:00 AM and awards ceremony at 4:00 PM. I would just go to mapquest and get directions.

How was it?

How was the show? I ran into some last minute problems and did not make it up...I forgot to call my brother and law to tell him I was not going to be there and he drove down from Seattle, said there were 3 GN's. I hope you guys had fun, it sure was a nice day for it.
Gary

There was 3 GN's for a while and then a few more showed up and there was 2 Turbo-T's , one white and one gold. The 86 GN that got first place was a stocker w/8 or 9000 miles. Second place went to a 86 GN that had real nice paint and some 18" billet wheels. And 3rd went to Dennis Hogans 87 White Turbo-T and was the fastest of them all but didn't seem to matter to the voting public. I thought the ribbons and trophy's were kind of cheesy for the $$ they brought in. It was a little hot for me and I think I got some color, To bad its red. Sorry you couldn't make it but there's always Turbo Thunder.

Hi guys,
I just want to say from the local track here....
Happy Fathers Day to all you Dads out there, I hope you are all having a great day :D
Even if youre not a dad same goes for you too.. :D
Uh, I forgot to tell you guys that FINALLY...... I am now the proud owner of a 1986 Grand National, officially. :cool:
Take care everybody, and have a safe weekend.

Originally posted by JP87GN
There was 3 GN's for a while and then a few more showed up and there was 2 Turbo-T's , one white and one gold. The 86 GN that got first place was a stocker w/8 or 9000 miles. Second place went to a 86 GN that had real nice paint and some 18" billet wheels. And 3rd went to Dennis Hogans 87 White Turbo-T and was the fastest of them all but didn't seem to matter to the voting public. I thought the ribbons and trophy's were kind of cheesy for the $$ they brought in. It was a little hot for me and I think I got some color, To bad its red. Sorry you couldn't make it but there's always Turbo Thunder.

Thanks for the great summary! See you at TT!
Gary