Put on the oil lines to/from the turbo today

Raven

Here - watch THIS!
Well, after what seemed like eternity due to a busy week, I was finally able to get some garage time today to work on the GN. The projects today were to remove the old oil feed and drain lines from the Turbo and remove/replace the two lower water pump bolts with studs to mount the Passenger Side bracket for the Mease 24 row intercooler.

Thanks to some GREAT info I found on here by using the search, the bolts/studs exchange went slick on the water pump. Taking the Serpentine belt off was no problem nor was removing the pulley to get at the bolts. Easy off, easy on thanks to info from those other threads.

Then came the removal of the oil feed line. DANG! What a tight spot to get to! But, had I been more ambitious and removed the lower radiator hose it wouldn't have been bad at all. I just didn't want to go through all that work. So, after skinning my knuckles and fingers pretty good, I got the old line off and the fitting/connection back on for the Stainless Steel Braided hose. I was glad when that was done!

I then did the Oil Drain line, replacing the stocker with a beautiful piece from Johns Performance. After some gentle but firm persuasion from my 1 - 1/4" wrench, the old one was wrestled free. The new one went on MUCH easier so that job was complete.

Tomorrow, the turbo (TE-60 from John Craig) is scheduled to arrive. I've got everything ready to go for the install and I can't wait!

I just wanted to say I'm really grateful for all the tech help available here, both from the real time posters/contributors as well as the wealth of info available by using the search feature. Both have saved me bunches of time.

Thanks guys.

Gene, the oil return line was a cake job. It was the feed line that had limited access - partly because I have big hands and the room in that area is not big-hand friendly. :D

Sorry to hear about the oil down - that's a messy deal.

Take care,

Steve