Put Alky on Saturday

VadersV6

Finally got my alky kit on. Install was pretty simple. I didnt even have instructions since I bought it used, and the ones Steve C. gave me through email were on my work computer.
My first runs were at 17psi before any tuning attempts. The car pulled like crazy. It does have ported heads after all, so 17 feels pretty good. I had zero KR and o2's were about 760-780. I turned my pressure regulator (boost control) up a little more, and it actually bottomed out. it wont turn any more, and Im stuck at 18 psi. What sucks, is Im getting 1-2 degrees of knock. Ive been trying to tune it through my extender, which I have set to 8% rich on spool fuel and same on WOT low gear fuel. One run, O2's will show 850, and the next one, 750. Its so erratic that i cant tune it. I also noticed that alky is seeping out of all my hoses on the up-pipe, even though Ive got them all tight as hell.
How do I get this stabilized? If I dont run the pump speed at less than 8, I get more KR and the O2's drop bad.

Looks like you need to make time to install the fuel pump and hot wire kit :)

The seeping hose.. thats a weird one.

Yeah, for sure. Its hard to get motivated to drop a tank when my back is so screwed up and my wife resents any time I spend on the car:mad:
I ordered some thick walled silicone tubing. The upper hose is really thin and old, so it cant compress enough to get a good seal. Hopefully this thick walled stuff will do the trick.
I think my vacuum/boost gauge is really off too. I just mounted up a cool programmable digital pressure switch on my speedo bezel. Havent wired it up yet, but that should take about 20 minutes. I cant use it for anything else but reading vacuum and pressure, but at least it will be extremely accurate. I think my existing gauge is off by 3-4 pounds. I need to make sure before I crank the boost up more and blow my engine.

The Buick tank is the easiest.

hell i'd put the pump in then do the hot wire the following week.

Lean the motor out.. you'll hurt it.

Almost forgot.. My Ex-wife resented me working on the car too ;)

hehe :D

Brent if you need help dropping the tank CALL ME!! I said I would help you. Wendy works this sat so I am open :)

The problem is Jill. She doesnt have a life. She'll sit there and watch TV while I work on my car, and pout all day cause Im not sitting on the couch next to her doing nothing.
Maybe we can do it this weekend though.

It almost feels like it was faster at 16psi without the alky. It used to pull me back in the seat hard, and now it just feels lazy. It builds speed quick, but the torque feeling just isnt there. Something just doesnt feel right. Feels like its flooding out. How will alky contribute to O2 readings? Will it throw them off into some misleading number? This morning, I hit it twice, and both times got O2's in the 650's. I have no idea whats causing this, as nothing has changed from before. I only stay in it for maybe 4 seconds because of the pump. I was told that this is ok, cause the O2's are pretty unstable in the beginning, and take like 6 seconds to stabilize, on just about all GN's. Is this right?

6 seconds.. lol

Somethings up.. as soon as the car goes in power enrichment.. the O2's should jump into the 800's..then stabilize into the upper 700's.

if not.. sumthen's up ;)

Start with the tank.. then move from there. Your chip maybe suspect as well.

No McDonalds on these things..takes work.

I dropped it back to 16psi, and brought my spool and WOT fuel down to stock. I'm running the pump at 5, and its pulling great. I guess the fuel pump just cant handle the extra flow.