put a deposit on a 07 mustang shelby GT

Gn-ing

Monday I went down and put a 2k deposit on the 1st Shelby GT500 my ford dealer gets.. The bad part is I don't know the MSRP yet,and won't for a few months...Dealers claim there will only be about 3 per year per dealer..maybe about 6000 nationwide..Should be a very powerful car at about 475hp....

That looks like one hot car,congrats,3 per dealership will send the price thru the roof. Ford is going to be going thru a mess here shortly,sometime in Jan..Im not sure about a deposit if bankruptcy takes effect. Assembly line workers dont put their hearts into things when take home pay, bennys etc are being cut. Anyway, hot car would be nice to have.

I want one to go with my 66 :biggrin: BUT I think they are goin to go for all the $$$ in the beginning .. I can wait although I really don't want to :mad: :biggrin:

suicide six said:
That looks like one hot car,congrats,3 per dealership will send the price thru the roof. Ford is going to be going thru a mess here shortly,sometime in Jan..Im not sure about a deposit if bankruptcy takes effect. Assembly line workers dont put their hearts into things when take home pay, bennys etc are being cut. Anyway, hot car would be nice to have.

Well...I don't know if Ford is going bankrupt,but the deposit is with the dealership and not ford...so i'm very safe there....I'm sure it will be built with care...it's a SVT product,they have much pride in this division..I've actually met the head of the SVT engine program,on vacation last yr,he told me the 5.4 will actually have about 500hp...

Congrats, I am hoping to buy a 04 when the new Cobra shows up. Hopefully the price on the used ones will drop.

Have you agreed to a price in writing? If not, you could be in for a nasty surprise. I have no doubt whatsoever that these cars will be like the Cobra Rs of a few years ago (do you recall the clamor and resulting prices?), selling for whatever price the market will bear and/or the dealer has the balls to slap on them.

I believe I read that they are even auctioning off the right to buy the first one during the Barrett-Jackson. What does that tell you?

strike

strikeeagle said:
Have you agreed to a price in writing? If not, you could be in for a nasty surprise. I have no doubt whatsoever that these cars will be like the Cobra Rs of a few years ago (do you recall the clamor and resulting prices?), selling for whatever price the market will bear and/or the dealer has the balls to slap on them.

I believe I read that they are even auctioning off the right to buy the first one during the Barrett-Jackson. What does that tell you?

strike

I was just about to type that. I have seen WAY too many people get screwed this way. I saw one that they would not honor the price because it had the salemans signature and not the sales mgr's sig.

One of my buddies put a deposit on an 06 Z06 over the summer, then when the car came in, they wanted $15K over sticker. :eek:

basically the agreed price won't be more than 3k over sticker...Given the low numbers built,i think this will be reasonable...i'm sure many of the first delivered will end up on e bay for many $$$ over sticker...

dealers can charge whatever they want over sticker. I used to work for Roush racing and I was in charge of the 2000 cobra r when it came to the shop to fix all the little things wrong with them. A dealer would come pick up the car when we were done and one of them said that they had people putting deposits down on them then when the cars would show up the people got to look and drive them then the people had to bid on them and highest bidder got it. One dealer said he had a bid of 85k sight unseen. I worked on the 2000 cobra R's and would not pay over 35k for it since it was only a high12 low 13 sec car with no warranty. This will be the xbox360 of cars. Hope you get what you want.

At the risk of being called your wife again, if you think the dealer will be willing to settle for $3K over sticker when the bidding wars for these cars begin and he sees the sort of sick money he can make...

Shelby's what, 100 year old? With somebody else's vital organs? It's his last car, dude. It's the new Cobra, for God's sake. It's the AC Cobra, the GT350, the Cobra Jet 428, the Boss 302/429, the Cobra R, the 03-04 SVT Cobra. Wake up. Smell the coffee. A dealer wouldn't sell the car to his dying son for $3K over sticker. This car will command TWICE sticker.

Well, like I said before, keep us posted.

Rant over.

strike

strikeeagle said:
At the risk of being called your wife again, if you think the dealer will be willing to settle for $3K over sticker when the bidding wars for these cars begin and he sees the sort of sick money he can make...

Shelby's what, 100 year old? With somebody else's vital organs? It's his last car, dude. It's the new Cobra, for God's sake. It's the AC Cobra, the GT350, the Cobra Jet 428, the Boss 302/429, the Cobra R, the 03-04 SVT Cobra. Wake up. Smell the coffee. A dealer wouldn't sell the car to his dying son for $3K over sticker. This car will command TWICE sticker.

Rant over.

strike

well..i guess time will tell..i do know they sold the only GT40 they got at 17k over sticker,but the norm on that car was 20-50k mark-up.....BTW...the dealer's son is in great heath..:)

Not true buddy, Ford is not going under and the deposite would be refundable

Rant over.
strike
---------------------------------------
I second Strike's comments. For 3K over list, they are not even going to answer their phone on this car. I do admire your optimism, but I don't really think that 3K will even buy a ride in one at any dealer's. Good luck.

ummmmm.... did you guys look at the date on this thread :eek: :p he probably bought it, drove it, and sold it by now ;)