Purple vacuum line

Peacock

Does anybody know where the purple HVAC vacuum line goes? I've been fighting this car for no airflow out of the vents for a while and can't figure out where this one goes.

I just replaced the vacuum control valve on the back of the switch panel for leaking itself.

No... :) I mean the purple line behind the dash. It goes with an orange and red line over toward gas pedal. The orange and red lines go into the actuator at the left end of the heater box. The purple line just dangles there and I can't figure out where it goes.

Ahhh... I see. Not anywhere near my car right now so hopefully someone else will chime in.

For the C60 manual system the purple hoses can go to the following:

1. The feed from the vacuum tank to the T under the dash.

2. One feed out of the T to the temp. lever valve which is closed when temp. lever is in the full cold position, also has a white hose out of it to the A/C control head.

3. Hose 4 connection on the A/C control head most likely where it came off of since the vents dont' work properly.

salvageV6 said:
For the C60 manual system the purple hoses can go to the following:

1. The feed from the vacuum tank to the T under the dash.

2. One feed out of the T to the temp. lever valve which is closed when temp. lever is in the full cold position, also has a white hose out of it to the A/C control head.

3. Hose 4 connection on the A/C control head most likely where it came off of since the vents dont' work properly.

I'm not following. :confused:

The purple line comes off the control head and goes with the red and orange lines over towards the drivers side. The other 2 go on the heater case while the purple just ends there. I can find NOTHING to hook it to.

Hose 4 is hooked up and has vacuum from the engine. I don't have any white hoses on my car.

On manual control A/C cars:

The purple vacumn hose routes from the vacumn tank into the car, then "Tee's" and one goes to the A/C control head and the other goes to the temperature lever valve.

The white vacumn hose connects the temperature lever valve to the A/C control head.

If you can find the "Tee" and both purple hoses are connected there then upstream twoards the vacumn tank there is a vacumn line connector shown in the service manual.

I am not sure what you mean by hose #4

Wow, thanks guys!

Thanks to your diagrams pacecarta , I can now tell where the purple(blue) line goes. I'm color blind and it doesn't help with faded colors. :)

The bad part is that the diaphragm that controls defrost is broken. The bottom half is gone. I guess I would have to buy a heater case to fix that huh? I will probably just jam it open so that I'll have air out the vents for the time being.

Jonathan