purchased! - 98 Olds Aurora

zam70

->ROGUE
I just bought one of these and all I can say is WHAT an amazing car.
I was trying to buy a car as a daily driver, the ole Plymouth Voyager (160,00+ miles) is on its last leg and I decided it was time to buy a nice DD instead of the cheapo beaters I've had for the last 10+ years.

I wanted a Bonneville but couldn't understand the prices they were wanting...didn't seem to be that much of a car for the cash they were asking, I was wanting to get the maximum car for money spent (don't we all)...I drive my cars into the ground so resale means nothing...I literally wear them out.

My wife was taking the kids to school and noticed a green 4 door for sale...she described it as "a green car with 4 doors".

We went over to look at it and I wasn't all that impressed until I looked inside and then had a seat - WOW...some of the best buckets I've ever sat in....interior was extremely nice & comfortable...
Drives excellent as well...especially for a big car it feels much smaller than it is.
Long story short - after running the service records and spending a day with the car - I bought it...
Resale on Oldsmobile is terrible since they are shutting down the division but it has to be one of the best bargains out there.

I really have to hand it to Oldsmobile/GM - they did a great job on this one.

If you're looking for the biggest bang for the buck with out concern for resale - look at Oldsmobile.

You are right, the Aurora is a great car, especially on the highway. I had a '99 as a company car and loved it. You are also correct about resale, but if you are going to drive it into the ground.......Good luck with the car.

I also think the Intrigues are pretty decent looking and driving 4 door sedans for the money. Nice cars, and CHEAP at the wholesale auctions. If anyone wants one (or an Aurora) let me know and I'll make any TB.com member a deal.

Hope you at least got the V8 version, zam.:D

In 98 they only had V8s - funny thing is, it's only .2 liter bigger than the Regal...with the turbo - no contest.

They do make a turbo kit for the 4.0 northstar

hmmmmmm.....:p