Pump gear cracked

avc

I took my gn to tranny shop for noise from front of tranny.After pulling and inspection the noise was a cracked pump gear we replaced and rebilt tranny after a few runs down the street the noise was back pulled tranny and the new gear was cracked?I was told it could be too much end play in the crank?
looking for some help.

Could be run out on the converter pump drive. Did you use a new pump assembly? If you just replaced the rotor/slde and slapped it together i wouldnt expect it to last. Clearance should be .0007-0013. Crank end paly wont matter. You wold have a lot of other noises if the crank thrust was that bad.

My first question is what transmission model? 200_4R/400/350.
If 200_4R, my first thought is "CRAP" aftermarket pump rotors that have bit many unsuspecting rebuilders in the past. If so please procure "Factory" Delco seven or ten vane rotor & slide of proper thickness(yes, it does matter) for your pump housing cover. If you have 350/400, broken gears are usually acompanied by excessive pump bushing wear allowing converter to "walk" around and bury the drive gear into the cresent area of pump causing seizure of outer gear in cavity. Good luck.

Kevin.

My first question is what transmission model? 200_4R/400/350.
If 200_4R, my first thought is "CRAP" aftermarket pump rotors that have bit many unsuspecting rebuilders in the past. If so please procure "Factory" Delco seven or ten vane rotor & slide of proper thickness(yes, it does matter) for your pump housing cover. If you have 350/400, broken gears are usually acompanied by excessive pump bushing wear allowing converter to "walk" around and bury the drive gear into the cresent area of pump causing seizure of outer gear in cavity. Good luck.

Kevin.

200-4R, X2. Yes. It does matter.