Pulsing in brake pedal and clicking noise

dabobbo

Hey all, I've done some searching but I can't find my specific problem. '87 GN, PM brakes, new accumulator 1 year ago (hard pedal and brake light, neither have returned). I was checking things out (car was in storage out-of-state since last Stepember and I trailered it home last month) and I noticed that when I pressurize the accumulator after a depressurization the motor runs for about 7-8 seconds, stops, then a few clicks, the motor runs for a second ot two, then some more clicks, motor runs, then stops. While I hear the clicking I feel a slight pulse in the pedal. All of this takes about 10-12 seconds total, so it's not like it takes a long time to pressurize, and I don't get the brake light. I've let it sit for about 15 minutes and the motor does not come back on.

I don't think this is normal, what is the most likely culprit here? Pressure switch? Motor? Internal leak? Something else? The pressure switch is pretty expensive so I don't want to just thow a part at it if it doesn't need it. Thanks!

Bob

I'd check the state of the check valve,but it sounds like its ok if you aren't leaking down. It would be nice to borrow a switch to test.

Thanks guys, I think I'll replace the pressure switch. The brakes work fine except for that slight pulse so I may take it to the Kirban open house on Saturday and get one there.