Puffs white smoke every time i start my car..?

Just to reiterate what a few others have stated above, I had the same issue with a fresh rebuild. It would only smoke on start up, not a hint of smoke any other time. I checked everything from vacuum leaks, to valve seals, PCV, gaskets, everything. Thought maybe my rings didn't seat. Then someone suggested it may be too much oil feeding the turbo. The 90* I was using on the TE44 had no restriction; I changed back to the stock oil feed line and 90, problem solved! It's great when the solution is simple.

Wow....I just changed to a TE60 and it has been smoking at idle. I don't remember if I used the old 90 degree fitting or the one that came with it. I hope this is my problem. Is the restricter removable from the fitting?

or past the rings.

QUOTE]

Would the rings really cause the smoke on start up? I mean the kind of oil smoke immediately on start up and quickly dissipating to nothing??
No prolly not. Just speaking in general. If it's just on start up, it's not the rings.

I didnt look at the plugs.. the car is 1 hr away. I got a feeling they changed the 90 on top of the turbo and didnt use one w a restricter or the feed line is too big. All else has checked out.

Reading the plugs can help to pinpoint the source. Can tell you if oil is before or after the combustion chamber.

Wow....I just changed to a TE60 and it has been smoking at idle. I don't remember if I used the old 90 degree fitting or the one that came with it. I hope this is my problem. Is the restricter removable from the fitting?

The restricter is drilled into the fitting. The elbow screws into that.

Otto ended up troubleshooting my car by taking off the exhaust crossover to see if the smoke came out of the motor or out the tailpipes. Sure enough it only came out the tailpipes indicating a problem with the turbo. Precision looked at it since it was under warranty and the seals ended up being fine. They asked my oil pressure and changed out the oil restrictor. Problem solved!

Same problem here, the car puff blue only at startup but...not everytime :mad:, this is why it's bothering me
The turbo is changed(te44), new valves seals, intake gasket changed too.
I cheked out my sparkplugs and they are all fine, I also checked the oil restrictor with the original one and they are at the same size, the car was in the garage for 3 days, starting it, no blue puff:confused:

If you are running stock exhaust valves there were no valve stem seals on them. Could oil be getting down the valve stem?