Public Service Announcement for BG.

BillyRValentine

Capricorn
While the Gallina team was fixing a shifter issue one guy walks up to me with a purple (tbs.com I was told) shirt on and proceeds to tell me that the amount of time I am allowing them to fix their shifter is BS and that I should toss them. After ignoring him the first time he wants to argue about it. Besides this clown being an idiot and the fact that I seriously doubt he has ever directed a race in his life I wanted to point out that NO PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT WAS GIVEN. I would have done the same for anyone. As I pointed out to him there was a TSO car there that was having trouble and we gave him a similar amount of time during qualifying. In addition, after the track issue was resolved his car was back up and running and I allowed him to run as well. There was an issue of a gentleman not being with his car while we were moving the bracket classes up. While normally one would be tossed for such an issue most anyone hates to see people not be able to race after traveling the distances folks do so after a little chastising about staging lane etiquette he was put in just in time. So as I previously stated it doesn't matter whether you are an average Joe or a big name team you will always get the same treatment from me. I am unbiased and don't mince words so to the gent that was flipping me crap, as long as I am running the race and you are not a racer or replacing me keep your opinions to yourself and keep your @ss out of the way. Thank you.

Jim C.

PS - I wish I would have noticed the shirts as I was told it had your name on there.

Jim, you treated me as if I was somebody important. I was in the staging lanes the day Dallas shut them down early. You came & found me in the pits to apologize which was way above & beyond what I expected. Thanks for everything you did. I can't help but wonder if the track wasn't prepped so well maybe I wouldn't have broken my ring & pinion?

Thanks again

John Plog

Another racer in the staging lanes was mad as hell and Richard L, even went over to his car to tell him the GSCA had no idea what happened. And the racer didnt yell at him the way he treated the staging lane GSCA staff...

Dallas called the racing off after NO CARS were in the staging lanes... Then when he said all done, 4 cars showed up to race.... ummmmm

You ever notice when you are at work, people wait until the last 10 or 15 minutes before closing to show up, well, in the case of Beech Bend, Dallas has the option as the owner to do as he pleases... In return, Dallas provided the best track compared to past years...

Also, Dallas allowed racing to begin early Friday and run until 8:35 pm, that was 9.5 hours of racing, plus Saturday too, despite the rain all day on Thursday...

Jim, that TSO car was a freind of mine, Todd Humphries. Thanks for the patience while we worked out issues with the car. He took off work the last 3weeks to make sure the car made BG. Tuesday night he never went to bed trying to finish up what was left before we headed up on Wed morning, it was that close to missing the event. It was great to see him get to make those passes we needed so badly to work on the issues.

Thanks to all the staff for working with us.

Jim, you treated me as if I was somebody important. I was in the staging lanes the day Dallas shut them down early. You came & found me in the pits to apologize which was way above & beyond what I expected. Thanks for everything you did. I can't help but wonder if the track wasn't prepped so well maybe I wouldn't have broken my ring & pinion?

Thanks again

John Plog

Hey John, I believe I know who you are, the blonde headed gent with the goatee and the fish on the back on your car. I appologize for my memory. faces and numbers I remember well but when it comes to names I get lost, always have. Haha. I am glad you had a good time and I look forward to seeing you and your family next year. Hope your son is feeling better. Lets get that thing in the 9's. :D

Jim C.

Jim, that TSO car was a freind of mine, Todd Humphries. Thanks for the patience while we worked out issues with the car. He took off work the last 3weeks to make sure the car made BG. Tuesday night he never went to bed trying to finish up what was left before we headed up on Wed morning, it was that close to missing the event. It was great to see him get to make those passes we needed so badly to work on the issues.

Thanks to all the staff for working with us.

I am glad it worked out for him. I hate to see anyone come that far and not be able to run. Been there, done that and it SUCKS!!! See you in Reynolds slim, make sure to bring the "Grey Ghost" with you. V8 with that size turbo = Now you see it, now you don't. :biggrin:

Jim C.

Hey John, I believe I know who you are, the blonde headed gent with the goatee and the fish on the back on your car. I appologize for my memory. faces and numbers I remember well but when it comes to names I get lost, always have. Haha. I am glad you had a good time and I look forward to seeing you and your family next year. Hope your son is feeling better. Lets get that thing in the 9's. :D

Jim C.

That's me, kid's doing well & I'm trying.

John

I was in the purple shirt (purple underwear too) and I am going to kick your butt the next time I see you. Next time when I tell you someone is disqualified, you had better listen, matter fact, you're fired (I know people). So sell the Buicks and buy a Honda, you're through in the Buick Community.

j/k

While the Gallina team was fixing a shifter issue one guy walks up to me with a purple (tbs.com I was told) shirt on and proceeds to tell me that the amount of time I am allowing them to fix their shifter is BS and that I should toss them. After ignoring him the first time he wants to argue about it. Besides this clown being an idiot and the fact that I seriously doubt he has ever directed a race in his life I wanted to point out that NO PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT WAS GIVEN. I would have done the same for anyone. As I pointed out to him there was a TSO car there that was having trouble and we gave him a similar amount of time during qualifying. In addition, after the track issue was resolved his car was back up and running and I allowed him to run as well. There was an issue of a gentleman not being with his car while we were moving the bracket classes up. While normally one would be tossed for such an issue most anyone hates to see people not be able to race after traveling the distances folks do so after a little chastising about staging lane etiquette he was put in just in time. So as I previously stated it doesn't matter whether you are an average Joe or a big name team you will always get the same treatment from me. I am unbiased and don't mince words so to the gent that was flipping me crap, as long as I am running the race and you are not a racer or replacing me keep your opinions to yourself and keep your @ss out of the way. Thank you.

Jim C.

PS - I wish I would have noticed the shirts as I was told it had your name on there.

Jim,

You were a bad boy but all I hear is "crikits" ;)

As i said before all the records broken speak of your dedication.

Jim C.

Jim C. , The name is Mike Booher - Im the guy in the purple shirt!!! I chose to keep my mouth shut about that issue on HERE because ,from my view it was a GREAT EVENT and you did a GREAT JOB. However after seeing this yesterday and sleeping on it last night I cannot go without comment on your bashing the IDIOT!!!

I will do my best to lay this out exactly how it happened (unlike you) and let the members decide weather I was an IDIOT or not. Please keep in mind that I did not know who you were until I read this!! That would not have mattered as felt a wrong was being done to fellow racer and I went to talk to HIM not you!!

First round of the BIG GUN SHOOTOUT. You called the first pair of cars to the burnout box. The BLACK GUYS (sorry I dont know your name) from Chicago with the nitrous Regal and Lenny fired up. The regal went in the water box , Lenny was rolling down the hill with the engine running but could not get the shifter to work and was fighting with it. Dutweiler went under one side of the car and I went under the other looking for the problem. Problem seemed to be in the shifter itself and thus the work began to tear it apart.

Guessing I would say that the Regal sat running in the water for for about 2 minutes before you told him to shut it off!!! At that moment I looked at my watch to check the time. I was at Lennys car watching the Regal to see his reaction to all this. To his credit he PATIENTLY waited until finally he walked to the rear of the car with his arms out to talk to you. "COMMON MAN" he kept saying repedly in fustration. I checked my watch and it had been 5 minutes since you shut him off!!! 7 minutes since he drove in the water!!! I walked down to HIM and offered a handshake to HIM and said this was BS!!! You overheard me and stepped over to to tell me it wasnt BS and you would do this for anyone!! I said if that if this was anyone else or if the situation was reversed, this race would have been over. I pointed out to both of you that I wanted Lenny to win and had money on him but this just wasnt right. At no time did I call you a name or disrepect you in anyother way except stating that this wait was BS. I walked away feeling sorry for someone that was beiing SHIxx on!!

Lenny fired his car up after another 5 minutes. So the regal had to wait 2 minutes in the water , 5 minutes before pleading to you that this was BS and another 5 minutes before Lenny finally got fired up!!! THATS NOT RIGHT!!!
I have been racing since 1970 and never have seen any track wait 12 minutes for a competetor that broke in ELIMINATIONS!!!

You mention that during practice and qualifications you waited for several people. I have no problem with that and thank you for it!! ELIMINATIONS however are a different set of rules. When you are called to race, you are expected to be ready. You may get 1 or 2 minutes MAX , not 12. What if would have been 20 or 30 minutes??? JOHN FORCE WOULDNT GET 2 MINUTES

As stated above the Regal patiently waited approx 7 minutes before approaching you with displeasure. That was both gentlemanly and sporstman like!! BUT when he spoke up I feel you should have taken somekind of action like giving them a minute or two from that moment!! You choose to wait however long it took. In my book you did give PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT!!!

To those people that took offense to my actions including you and Lenny , I offer my appology!!! BUT I stand behind my belief that this was the BIG GUN SHOOTOUT for money and was at an NHRA track. Standard racing rules should have applied here!!

There were hundreds of witnesses there. Please feel free to correct me if the above statement is either wrong or misleading!!!!

Jim C. I have no hard feelings towards you with reguards to that issue. However I do take offense to the title "PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT for BG" and the IDIOT statement!! Hope to put this behind us and shake your hand sometime soon.

ANYONE else see this the way I did??? Backup requested!!! MIke :(

I think Jim did a TERRIFIC job managing this event. Kudos to you. But the name calling stuff doesn't sit well with me. Clown, idiot and keep your a s s out the way is a bit much. Everybody is intitled to their opinion, but when your in a position of authority that kinda vocab reeks unprofessionalism. Aside from that, I had a blast, and since 1990 when I first came to BG the track has never hooked as good as it did for this event. If the vendors had all showed up this event would have been the benchmark to beat for years to come.

I was in the purple shirt (purple underwear too) and I am going to kick your butt the next time I see you. Next time when I tell you someone is disqualified, you had better listen, matter fact, you're fired (I know people). So sell the Buicks and buy a Honda, you're through in the Buick Community.

j/k

D@mn, I guess thats it then. Da man has spoken. :D

Jim C.

PS - Where did you get the purple undies? I need a new pair as mine are now purple and brown..........:eek:

Well since you two take offense I have a suggestion for you. Go to another race and tell the Race Director how you feel about something at the starting line and report back here as to what he tells you. This isn't my first rodeo and I have money that thier response will be allot less pleasent than what I said or posted. Right, wrong or indifferent I am always the same and usually not a bad person when not prevoked. :)

As for your play by play. When the gent from Chi-Town held his arms out and asked what was up I mentioned that I was going to give him a few more minutes. He stated that was fine and that he was just pickin at me so I don't really see your point. You made sure to mention it to me, I didn't "over hear" what you said. You looked directly at me and said it, so I responded. Then you made a point to let me know AGAIN up by the Freeman/Gallina car. That is when I had had enough. Don't prevoke me and not expect a response. Basically to me it looks as if you involved yourself in something that had NOTHING to do with you and now want back up. The bottom line is that you weren't racing or staff so what in the hell were you doing down there anyway? Out of all the people that were there you were the only one complaining about it including the two racing. I even spoke with the Chi-Town folks after the race and they had no problems with it, true sportsman.

As for my name calling I state the following - You came to that event with the shirt you were wearing and from what I can tell wanted to make sure that you were noticed given the history there. Just another one of the digs that some feel they need to get in each year. If you have been racing since 1970 then you should know better than to get involved in something like that at the starting line that again had NOTHING to do with you. Everyone knows that I don't mince words or bullsh*t around. Whether or not I am professional, well, I think this event speaks for itself. I am there to make the race happen, not be a choir boy. I am a reasonable fellow but don't think for a minute that you will bully me as some of your group does others via the net. Things that happen in person aren't the internet. It always amazes me how folks can try and prevoke a response from someone in any kind of light but the moment they get a response they want to holler about professionalism. Apply those same rules to yourself. I don't and won't appologize for that call and would do the same for anyone within reason. I slept on it too and the more I thought about it the madder I got. I am glad that I was as delicate as I was at the time. Everyone there wanted to see that race, including the drivers so in the future why don't you be professional and keep your "kiester" (better?) out of issues that don't pertain to you particularly at the starting line when you aren't even racing. I will now digress so I don't get whacked by one of the mods. My number is posted and you are welcome to call me. Thank you, please drive through.

Jim C.

PS - I will also be in Norwalk and would love to meet you again but my opinion stands. :D

I am glad that everyone had a good time, even those that were offended. Just remember gentlemen that one day you may need a favor and the same vanilla gorilla that you see as an @ss now may be the one who helps get you to the starting line and down the track later. Maybe then you will see just how truly unbiased I am, but I don't and never will mince words or waffle on my actions no matter who you are. Time tells all things.

Jim C.

Photos speak for Y'all... Where is the fun??

Here are the photos and exact time stamps... End of discussion!!!

4:16 pm end of prior race, cars still on track
416pm.jpg

4:19 pm in the water...
419pm.jpg

4:23 pm questions... comments... shifter problem??
Jim Carswell with his back to the photo and Mike Booher(???) next to Jim C.
423pm.jpg

4:26 pm END OF RACE, END OF DISCUSSION...
426pm.jpg

technically you can't start counting time until 4:19 pm (in the water), end of race 4:26pm, that means 7 minutes are the issue, not 12 minutes...

I have my original photos with all the properties for times... they have been edited to fit here...

Mike Booher are you part of the race team for the blue car in the water... Beech Bend has no Safety Standards for spectators and race participants!!!

Also in past years, some people don't even listen or respond to any BB forum, too much political BS, period, why explain...

Here are the photos and exact time stamps... End of discussion!!!

4:16 pm end of prior race, cars still on track
416pm.jpg

4:19 pm in the water...
419pm.jpg

4:23 pm questions... comments... shifter problem??
Jim Carswell with his back to the photo and Mike Booher(???) next to Jim C.
423pm.jpg

4:26 pm END OF RACE, END OF DISCUSSION...
426pm.jpg

technically you can't start counting time until 4:19 pm (in the water), end of race 4:26pm, that means 7 minutes are the issue, not 12 minutes...

I have my original photos with all the properties for times... they have been edited to fit here...

Mike Booher are you part of the race team for the blue car in the water... Beech Bend has no Safety Standards for spectators and race participants!!!

Also in past years, some people don't even listen or respond to any BB forum, too much political BS, period, why explain...

OH snap!!!! No you just didn't:eek: Can't get more detailed then that.;) Wheres that pic when you need it of Ice Cube and Chris Tucker on the porch saying DDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMNNNNN!