PTE TA 64 GTQ turbo

jsta6

John 15:17
PTE TA 64 GTQ turbo. TA-64. (also called TA66 by some).

.85 housing.

"Q" trim.

4" inlet.

Polished housing.

HD ADJ wastegate

Supposed to be the biggest, baddest, newest stock appearing 3 bolt turbo. Same as the John Craig Limit Engineering TA-66 Red Armstrong wins the TSS class with Janes' car every year. comp. wheel is 66mm and the exhaust is gtq

I suggest a 3400 stall converter and ported heads.

A buddy of mine had this made special by PTE to compete in the TSS class. He moved up to TSM and sold me the TA64.

My car is a REAL daily driver and this turbo is WAY to big for me.

Turbo has less then 1000 miles and 10 passes at the track.

$750 + shipping.

What are you going to use as a replacement? Do you already have one? Curious and a wee bit interested in the turbo....

Hola.

Well, I had a stock turbo, and a buddy gave me a really good deal on a good used TE44.

Then, another racer buddy was upgrading, so he gave me a really good deal on a barely used TE52, so I sold the TE44 and bought the TE52.

Then, another racer buddy was upgrading, so he gave me a really good deal on this TA64. The turbo was barely even used. 4" inlet, polished, how could I pass it up?

The TA64 takes about six weeks to spool up. I have a completely stock motor and heads, and a modified 2800 stall D5. So we were not a very good match for each other.

I put the TE52 back on, and I am VERY happy.

It is a killer peice, you just need the supporting stuff...

I got the credit card bill for the TA64, I have a bunch of things I need to do to my GN, (daily driver), like get the AC fixed, fixed a leak behind the windsheild and stuff, so I need it GONE!

:D

Darn I was hoping for a trade + $ but at least you're all set. Sounds like a good price for someone.

Did I mention this thing is polished? As in shiny and pretty?

Big 4" inlet?

Like new?

That I got two kids in baseball, one in karate and two in diapers?:D

Originally posted by Ed Valvo
Got pics? I have never seen a TA turbo with a 4" inlet.

The inlet is 3", but the inlet bell is 4". Sorry to mislead.

I guess I will have to get pics since a lot of guys keep asking for them.

It is at my buddies shop right now so it may take me a few days.