PTC 9/11 Pics needed...

Sorry to have started this thread down the wrong path, the box throw me off...After a little research the converter is a TCS

But the question still remains "Is it a 10" or a 9/11"? How can I tell or where can I measure?

The only stamping is on top E05 and 412....

You can tell by looking at it. It's a 9" core mated to a much larger 11". You can measure the diameter of the smaller side but it won't be a 9" exactly. The 9" is actually measured but the diameter of the internals. This converter is called a 9" because they combined a 9" front to an 11" clutch so it would have more stall than you can achieve with a 12" converter without giving up all the clutch area like when swapping to a 9.5. Stall speed is also usually much lower than advertised.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You can tell by looking at it. It's a 9" core mated to a much larger 11". You can measure the diameter of the smaller side but it won't be a 9" exactly. The 9" is actually measured but the diameter of the internals. This converter is called a 9" because they combined a 9" front to an 11" clutch so it would have more stall than you can achieve with a 12" converter without giving up all the clutch area like when swapping to a 9.5. Stall speed is also usually much lower than advertised.

Thanks for the explanation , makes sense. Now how can I determine billet vs non-billet or does it really make much of a difference?

Thanks for the explanation , makes sense. Now how can I determine billet vs non-billet or does it really make much of a difference?

It appears to be billet in the pics. Billet just means the back half was machined vs cast. Many of the kits made for converters are billet. There's really no advantage to it other than it makes building the converter a little easier.