Ptc 10" nlu trans temp ?

85tr

Will this converter raise the transmission temp considerably stop and go or freeway driving? I was told by the guy rebuilding my transmission that i should stay with a lock up or I will cook the transmission. Thanks.

I've had a 9.5 PTC non lock up for about 6 years now and keep it cool with just a fan mounted cooler, no cooler in radiator. Have been on plenty of long drives with it and haven't seen over 180 or so. I run the fan manually, if I see I am coming into heavy traffic I will turn the fan on before the temps start rising. Has worked for me so far.

It depends on the stall. The looser, the more heat it will make at cruise. You can call me at 256-303-5387 and I'll go over everything with you to get you what you need. There are 4 different stalls I use with the turbo Buick.

Thanks dusty! I bought one used off the forum it is a s stall or 2800 from what I have found.

I used that S stall converter for the last 5 years and never ever had any overheating issues with my trans, racing at the track or local airport or 100 mile cruises. I also only have an external cooler with a fan. I also only used synthetic Dex 6 trans fluid.

I used that S stall converter for the last 5 years and never ever had any overheating issues with my trans, racing at the track or local airport or 100 mile cruises. I also only have an external cooler with a fan. I also only used synthetic Dex 6 trans fluid.

Is this a spagless converter?