Proportioning and manual brakes

Jicaju

Jicaju
I have switched to manual brakes. My question has anyone removed guts from factory proportioning valve and used it just as a block to connect stock line then added aftermarket proportioning valve in rear brakes? Is this possible so I can limit amount of lines I will need to make?

Michael

I have switched to manual brakes. My question has anyone removed guts from factory proportioning valve and used it just as a block to connect stock line then added aftermarket proportioning valve in rear brakes? Is this possible so I can limit amount of lines I will need to make?

Michael

Yes, have it that way on the black car here. Main part of it is to solder up the center plunger area so that there are still two separate circuits. Using a brass combo valve makes it easier as brass takes solder like a fish to water.

The proportioning valve (Wilwood) for the rear brakes is mounted on the M/C to firewall adapter plate.

RemoveBeforeFlight

you could also hit the junkyards and find a prop valve out of a car with 4 wheel discs- i'd be looking at 3rd gen F bodies for this. this way you still get the brake light functionality.