Propane Jet size?

TurboBuickSix

I am running the largest(93)jet with the duty cycle at 100%,no knock at 24 psi,but the tank don't last as long as I had hoped for.Am I in it too much, or am I overjetted? There is no stumble when it comes on at 12-15 psi but I wanted to see if any of you guys were running less jet with success? I don't want to back it off at these boost levels because it's working,except it's just eating alot of propane.
Also what o2's do you think I should shoot for on propane,I don't have an EGT gauge yet.

What tank PSI are you running?

1) How long until the tank went low?
2) How often do you need 12-15psi?... you must have a heavy foot.

The reason I ask, is that I have mine set up the exact same way. the #93 and the 100%DC. My tank pressure is regulated (at least it is supposed to be) at 150psi. The car is currently over 20psi of boost. And, I have yet to notice any issues with the contents (or lack there of) of the tank disipating quickly.

Remember, this is ONLY a 5lb tank, it isn't supposed to weight much.

Jay,The first time I had the tank filled it was at 100 and on a 70-75 degree day(no too many so far) it would rise up to 120-130 max.The second time was about the same.I am still on the second tank but it seems to be getting low on pressure already,say 80-100 max.I drive the car sparingly because it has DR's on it right now,and yes mike when I do take it out I am on it alot! I have yet to see 150 psi,is it possible the place where I'm getting it filled is the problem? I have the regulator turned all the way in just about to get as much pressure as possible.The readings on both gauges is the same.The first time it went empty I took it out and it was very light and could not feel any liquid rolling around inside like I did after the second fresh fill.I'd also like to say when the pressure is up and the boost is set above 20 it feels awesome,no bog when it kicks on,but I can hear it rushing out of the tank.I also have the power injection light hooked up to the solenoid power wire and can see exactly when it is activated.It's hard to say how long it took to go low but I was surprised when it did.It stated to get so kr so I checked the tank pressure and it was 60 psi.I'd guess if you added it up it would total about a steady hour of activation,maybe less.

Man, Do I ever feel like a filthy liar today...

My tank ran out yesterday... The tank was down to 40psi, and it was super light when I pulled it. The car is much happier now that the tank is full, the psi was about 130 after the refill ~8pm last night. Outside temps were ~13*C.

I am quite sure that the internal temp of the trunk is over 20*C today as the sun is bright and it is very warm out. I'll get back on what the pressure is at this time.

Furthermore, once I start to evaluate what is to be gained or lost from the subtraction of gasoline and/or propane, I am sure that having the propane wide open isn't condusive to a long tank life. But, for $6 CDN and a once a month refill, does it really matter?

:D

Mine is at 85psi and it is 59(F)15(C) degrees outside.I just had it filled last friday and have not used it too much,so I think the guy at the fill station is on crack.It seemed odd that he finished filling way sooner than the first guy did.And the pressure has never been over 130 on the gauge.I'm going to try getting it filled elsewhere and see what happens.Any bog with the 200 psi tank pressure and these settings Mike?

Originally posted by TurboBuickSix
Any bog with the 200 psi tank pressure and these settings Mike?

It was regulated to 150psi... and no, I haven't any bog issues. :D

Mine lasts about 1-2 weeks. I use about 80-90 PSI outlet pressure. 100% duty cycle, 2nd largest jet.

Really depends on how much you go WOT and activate it. But No it does not last a long time, but the good news is it doesn't suddenly go empty or anything.

I use a nitrous warmer with a manual switch to keep the pressure up, so I can use a bit more before I take it to refill. One day I am going to just order a 2nd tank from manchester tanks so I can just swap the tanks and not go to the hardware store so often.

It only takes about 1 gallon when I fill it, which is $2.12 + tax

About how many times would you say you are going engaging the system in that period? Both of my testers got 4-6 months out of their tanks with maybe 100-150 activations I would guess.

Maybe my car is slow and the WOT runs durations are long :)

Definitely not 100-150 activations. Maybe 30-40 pulls tops. 100% duty cycle, though.

Now it's summer time the pressure is fairly decent, however when I notice the pressure is not as strong as a full bottle, or if I start to get more knock, I will take it to refill. Low and behold the knock has gone away after a fresh refill. But I'm just picky myself. Usually it takes 1 gallon to top it. Perhaps that's a better way to quantify the amount used.

There also may be a difference between the guy who fills it at the store. I noticed one guy will do the best to cramp like 1.5 gallon in there while another guy seem to play it safer with 1 gallon.

Jay how 'bout that bottle warmer? Seems like one of the common denomimators arising here is consistent tank pressure.

I am getting similiar results as eclipseturbo.It seems that when the pressure is lower it uses more propane.I am not seeing anywhere near 100 activations.It was warm the other day though and the pressure was up to 150+.Just to cold here right now I guess.Seems ambient temps need to be 70 degrees or better for satifactory results without a bottle warmer.