prolonged ring at certain throttle positions

WH1_T-Type

Just installed a FTS chip w/60# injectors and noticed that when I am accelerating at a 'normal' rate (as in if it wasn't a T-type :D ) with the pedal probably a bit less the 1/4 I hear a 'ringing' sound that maintains the entire time through that throttle postion and then goes away once I'm past it. It comes back at about 3/4 maybe a bit higher and no idea if it is at WOT because...well...if it is there it is drowned out at that point! :D

I also have a GEN II with the plug and play harness in it and I verified that all the connections are seated properly. Anyone had this before? Any thoughts?

electrical noise or air noise? If air check all connections again esp t body seals. If electrical then recheck all the wiring. Or a mechanical ringing? Check accessorys at front of engine.

thats a new one........does it sound like it is coming from under the hood or can you not tell? does it sound metallic? Maybe down pipe rubbing the cross over pipe or the fire wall.....it may be that at part throttle it hits a specific frequecy that rattles things.

SOUNDS like electrical and coming from the computer area, found out last night that it will make the noise in the same throttle positions if the car is in park so tomorrow I'll get out there with my wife and try and hunt it down...12 hour shift today though.

The sound is definetly coming from under the hood and sounds like it is coming from the PCV vacuum hose area. Pushed on it and couldn't get it to go away and can't seem to pinpoint exactly where it is...it sounds like there is vacuum leak and when I put the throttle in it is sucking air in enough to whistle. Going to work on trying to find it....PCV is brand new and the noise started after I put that in so I suspect it is coming from the hose or the valve itself.

Probably the 25+ year old PCV groumet getting ready to break apart and fall into the intake. Many vendors sell it and it's a PITA to push in the hole.:) Cheap though.

Probably the 25+ year old PCV groumet getting ready to break apart and fall into the intake. Many vendors sell it and it's a PITA to push in the hole.:) Cheap though.

You need my patented PCV install tool (a length stainless safety wire). Wrap it around the grommet, thread it through the hole and pull.

Turbine shaft walking under certain part throttle thrust loads and ringing your housing? I had a hot air actually do that and feathering the throttle would make it sound come in and out.