Project Monte Go Slow

Dom87SS

with the help of a friend the car is basically being rebuilt to drive around and race a little. started a couple weeks ago and hopefully will be done in july. ill keep updating the photos as it comes along. the front suspension is now compeletly off and being cleaned/painted and will be reassembled soon

wheel wells and heater box out, and it begins
monte076zk5.jpg

monte0711or8.jpg

my not so slim self gettin ready to pull the motor
monte0714ws4.jpg

old rear setup
monte078yr2.jpg

out with the old
monte0727zt3.jpg

monte0728rd0.jpg

monte0720lx6.jpg

monte0737lh3.jpg

new 8.5 and ATR sway bar
monte077ky8.jpg

monte0741gw1.jpg

monte0742kl0.jpg

monte07xx4.jpg

before the wire brush, degreaser and paint
monte0739my7.jpg

monte0740ns9.jpg

monte0732ve4.jpg

after most was cleaned and painted with metco driveshaft loop and iceman crossmember
monte0745if3.jpg

monte0748sk7.jpg

sumped gas tank
rearend5ud0.jpg

8.5, trick springs, comp shocks, tubular trailing arms and trailing arm braces
rearend4os1.jpg

rearend2hv2.jpg

rearend1fg7.jpg

rearenddj8.jpg

rearend7qv6.jpg

with the sway bar attached
rearendcomplete1hh7.jpg

exhaust laid out
p1010193yn0.jpg

p1010195nx0.jpg

p1010196aw8.jpg

p1010197qa3.jpg

its a 358 (technically a 357) with stock crank, and rods. iron bowtie heads, comp 1:6 rockers with a comp girdle, and a bullet cam, just shy of 11:1. a worked, as cast appearing, strip dominator intake, 850 mighty demon carb (too big i know but im planning a 410ci build up later which itll be great on), MSD pro billet dist, digital 6 box, and ss coil. NX single stage plate system, im gonna start it at 100, and try to safe tune it up in the 250 range. well see. im hoping for a 13 on motor and a mid to high 11 on spray. its goign through a jimmys built 200-4R, but will probably be switched out for a th400. jimmy said nitrous isnt a real good idea with these trans' even a built one. becuase of the hit they take they tend to break. the car will be sitting on pro stars and m/t 275/60r15 drag radials

hope this is everything ive been dreaming it will be. its coming along really good and pretty smooth, only a few broken bolts and bloody knuckles so far. itll be interesting to see if i can tear this whole thing down and get it rebuilt in 3 months or not

ya its not rocket science to make a SBC fast, all it takes is money. although ive seen many people with good parts run horrible cause they cant take some advice. my car wont be fast by any means, should be quick on the gun. but its a super budget motor. i have under 2 grand in everything form carb to pan.

now the GTP on the other hand is a totally different beast. boost is a wonderful thing

well i got all the suspension off frame stripped down pretty good, cleaned and painted it up as well as the firewall. now i gotta clean up soem of the parts im reusing and start the reassembly.

p1010190oz1.jpg

p1010191ni7.jpg

framenfirewall1ig3.jpg

framenfirewallyj0.jpg

framenfirewall2br5.jpg

i bolted the new ball joints on and mocked up the control arms tonight. as well as cleaned the spindles and painted them. helped pull the motor/trans outta my buddies car and then was comin up with ideas on how to mount the electric fans i have

caarmsib9.jpg

caarms1mv0.jpg

had to trim and sand flush about a 1/16 off each side and got the fan mounted tight between the tanks. brackets are almost done and ill get some in progress and finished pics up as soon as i get everything together

electricfan1ds7.jpg

Looking Good!

Are those RJC Fans? I have a similar set up, I think my fans are a little smaller though. Keep up the good work:cool:

Ray

they are formerly known as the ramcharger fans, now owned by SMM. i bought them a couple years back from ramchargers.com as well as most of my parts that sat on the shelf till now.

well not a whole lot of progress lately unfortunately. with it being summer i get distracted easy by car shows, cruise night, and the race track plus some laziness. but anyway i got my rims finally and got the tires mounted. i swapped out my unused trick springs (tryin to send them back now) for some QA1 12in coil over springs to bring the car down. tires are 275/60r15 M/T drag radial on a 15x8 prostar with 3.5" BS and using a 1/4" spacer puts the tire directly in the middle of the wheel well. once the car is siting on the ground and everything is snugged up itll sit a little lower which is fine with me. doesnt look like ill need to trim the wheel lip but if i do, i do. oh and i got my hood painted black

dont mind all the rust

wheelntirefitment19ns6.jpg

wheelntirefitment4gl7.jpg

wheelntirefitmentzk3.jpg

wheelntirefitment11hh2.jpg

wheelntirefitment13am3.jpg

wheelntirefitment6rf0.jpg

wheelntirefitment9is0.jpg

wheelntirefitment7xf5.jpg

hoodpaintedno3.jpg

hoodpainted1fy1.jpg

Have those ramcharger electric fans on my 81 elcamino, they're awesome. Discontinued, but supposedly it's the fans used on the last years of the FWD 300 Chryslers if somebody wanted to junkyard hunt. Ramchargers loom is a way nice piece.