Production numbers? How do you find out how many of your car were made?

87GN_ponykillr

Buick addict
I have seen from time to time people have listed their car as one of 200 made or such, how do I go about finding out how rare my T is? Is their a link or something that I can plug my options in? Thanks!

Thanks Paul, I know that link, I'm looking for closer numbers IE: 178 gold cars made in 87' that sort of narrow down

Mine is garrnet red with tan leather .Has black out package ,astro top. when I got my car in 90 there was 12k on it and it had aluminum drums on it. I was told the rpo sticker did not show aluminum drums. I dont know the code for them. But a guy at a show back in 92 said the combo I had was rare? I have seen a few with the same color but with out astro roof. Most I have seen had burgundy interior as well. I wish I knew how many were made.

Nobody knows but it is rare. :cool:

Anybody can add aluminum drums easy enough.

It have posi.?

I think all the posi. rears had steel drums.

If you pick enough options to compare it probably will end up one of one. :)

aluminum drums would be any turbo car without rpo G80 (posi)
non posi cars got alum drums , posi got steel ,

the exception is the gnx got aluminum

Its funny because I was working at midas at the time and we had seen some of the aluminum drums come in overheated and cracked on trans ams. I took mine off and replaced them with steel drums.I kept the aluminum drums anyways. My car has a posi. I am the second owner.The first owner was my boss and he never touched it except for chip. I had it at the dealer a couple times when It was running like crap. Funny thing is the dealer could not figure it out.I went to Ans and pete and his farther fixed it. Boost solenoid was bad. My friends dad knew someone from gm. I should ask him if he could find out about numbers. He got a 93 grand prix body from gm in 93 and made a drag car out of it.

posi was an option .
it wasnt until the extended run of 1987 (sept 87-dec 87)that posi became standard on the GN

pacecarta said:
aluminum drums would be any turbo car without rpo G80 (posi)
non posi cars got alum drums , posi got steel ,

the exception is the gnx got aluminum

And the 87 WE4 package "Turbo T" cars.

Thanks Joe