Product request: tach. mount bracket for TR's

at7we2

does anyone know of a tachometer mount or braket that will allow you to mount the tach. on the instrument cluster (top right side, either above the corner or off to the side) without drilling any visible holes?

what I have in mind would install behind the instrument cluster and extend out above/around the right side of the cluster and give you a steady place to mount a tach. maybe fabricated from aluminum?

the idea is to mount a tach. in a good location for visibility and still be able to remove everything and return the interior to stock appearance if you want to later (no holes in the cluster housing).

If I had more time, I'd attempt to fab one up myself. But then again, if I had more time, there's a lot of things I'd do to my Buick. ;)

Thanks,
Rob

I made one and it was really easy. Take a 6" wide piece of 14 gauge aluminum or galvanized steel sheetmetal. Wrap it around the dash pad on the top. Bend it to fit well; you may need to bend it in a door to get it nice. Then cut two slits in it perpendicular to you, about 1" apart. Run a long hose clamp through the slits and strap it around your tach. A piece of cardboard underneath will keep the hose clamp from tearing up the pad. Simple and effective. You can paint to match if you desire. Cost = <$5.

thanks John,

I'll probably end up doing that or something similar. I'm hoping a vendor/fabricator will come up with an off-the-shelf part we can order ;)Do you have any pictures of your installation?

thanks,
Rob

I made something like this for my alky controler, it took me longer to take off the dash pad than it took to fab the bracket.

Hey guys, can we get some pics of both your setups? It'd be cool to see your mounting solutions. Thanks!

-Jade

ah ha...

pretty slick setup John.

you took a different approach than what I had in mind by attaching the bracket behind the gauge "bezel". I was thinking of attaching a bracket behind the instrument housing, between it and the dashpad. I like your idea. I plan to mount mine on the right side. I'll have to pull the bezel off and see what I can fab up.

thanks for posting! :D

Guess you have not seen the one on my web site that we have sold for a couple years?:)

Originally posted by Nick Micale
Guess you have not seen the one on my web site that we have sold for a couple years?:)

;) no, but I'm going to browse your website right now!.... :D :D