Problems

Josh Mohesky

Was driving down the street and car died. Thought I was out of fuel because gas gauge doesn't work. Had at least 5 gallons in still. Now it won't start. If anybody knows what I should do I would really appreciate it

Cam sensor comes to mind. When it fails the car goes into limp home and batch fire. Once the engine is shut down it will not restart.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Cranks over good?
Fuel pressure? Can you hear the fuel pump run?
If so, With out being sure I'd dump some more gas into the tank.
Are you getting spark?
Basics have you checked em?
Ses light?
Let us know.

Haven't checked fuel pressure. Is the cam sensor behind the pulleys? Still kinda new to these cars. I bought 2 of them. My GN is my strip car but the t type is my cruiser. I have loved these cars since I was in high school. When I got some money I went all out with the GN. Last week it was running fine. I hear the fuel pump running Still sitting in parking lot right now. Plan on getting the trailer in the morning and getting it back to my shop. Any more info would really be appreciated.

What is the ses light?

Service engine soon.

If you have that light on find someone with a scanner that is compatible with an OBD1 port. You can also use a jumper wire like a paperclip in the OBD port under the dash where your right knee is when your in the driver seat. Put the paperclip in the two top pins on the top right. Do a search so you do it right. This search will also give you the proper way to read the codes and what the codes mean.

The SES light will flash and give you the code or codes that set off the SES light.

Might want to check for a code anyway. The light will only stay on if the car starts and runs. It's worth a shot. There might be a code stored in there to give you a place to start.

Cam sensor is in the top of the timing cover where a distributor would go.
If the pump is running it should show pressure. Check it with a gauge.
Spark?

I'll get it in my shop and start trouble shooting everything y'all have told me. I really appreciate it guys. Will update you guys when I get it in. Thank y'all so much

Still running the original timing chain?

pop off the oil fill tube and see if the rockers move while cranking....

My "guess" - Spark
Not fuel
Ignition / coil pack but maybe crank sensor
Sure - get. Noid tester and test
Not the cam sensor
That is used for establishing fueling points only
No start at all - I guess crank sensor
Ignition module usually starts off at crappy - under WOT or hard running

My "guess" - Spark
Not fuel
Ignition / coil pack but maybe crank sensor
Sure - get. Noid tester and test
Not the cam sensor
That is used for establishing fueling points only
No start at all - I guess crank sensor
Ignition module usually starts off at crappy - under WOT or hard running

They usually chime back in and say "Hey - it was the steering wheel - I had it misaligned"
Or - ohh..dang - I plugged that ECM connector back that I had butt spliced.
Or - The crank sensor
Whichever! :D

I told him to pour some gas in just for giggles . He said he didn't have a gauge.