Problems with Scanmaster Powering Up?

asd60303

When I start my car, turn the key on. The scanmaster just displays 2.1 then goes blank. This happened after my battery went dead. I double checked my wiring and my fuses. Any suggestions?

What chip is in it? Does the car run? Perhaps the dead battery triggered an anti-theft algorithm in the chip?

I have a turbotweak chip in the car. The car runs fine and normal but i have no scanmaster display anymore. I have the scanmaster wired into/with gauges..all my gauges power up and work.

When I start my car, turn the key on. The scanmaster just displays 2.1 then goes blank. This happened after my battery went dead. I double checked my wiring and my fuses. Any suggestions?

Powering up to the version display and then going blank indicates it's getting no data.

Powering up to the version display and then going blank indicates it's getting no data.

What do you suggest I do-recheck my connection from the ALDL to the scanmaster? I'm kinda bummed that i have no data when i just put a new chip in the car.

What version TT chip? 2.1 SCM won't read a 6.0 chip without powerlogger.

What do you suggest I do-recheck my connection from the ALDL to the scanmaster? I'm kinda bummed that i have no data when i just put a new chip in the car.

Did you re-check the ALDL connection, and ground?

What version TT chip? 2.1 SCM won't read a 6.0 chip without powerlogger.

IDK what version-I check the paperwork out trm. I just bought the TT chip about a month ago. The scanmaster worked fine with the TT chip and was working perfectly until my battery went dead. I replaced the battery, car runs fine but I just have no scanmaster data anymore.

In my experience, this has been caused by loose ground connection and blown fuses. Did you ever fix it? If so, what was wrong with it?:confused:

the fact that is lights up 2.1 and goes dead tells us that the scanmaster is working, that is a self test, it goes dead because it is getting no data, did you jump the car when the battery went dead? That has blown many a fusable link and damaged ecms in the past
Mike

Did it do this just once, or did you re-start the car after the battery had a full charge. I had the exact thing happen on a near dead battery. Car did start and SM went blank. After shutting the car off and sticking the battery on a charger, problem went away upon re-start with fully charged batt. I have no explanation why. HTH

the fact that is lights up 2.1 and goes dead tells us that the scanmaster is working, that is a self test, it goes dead because it is getting no data, did you jump the car when the battery went dead? That has blown many a fusable link and damaged ecms in the past
Mike

I thought it would display "-------" after the self test.:confused: to let the user know it was on stand-by. If it goes blank, then something is wrong. Somehow the circuit does not complete or w/e. Maybe? :confused:

"------" means data is being received, but rpm is 0

blank = no data

Mike

Nope i didn't jump it..i switched the battery in it.

Did it do this just once, or did you re-start the car after the battery had a full charge. I had the exact thing happen on a near dead battery. Car did start and SM went blank. After shutting the car off and sticking the battery on a charger, problem went away upon re-start with fully charged batt. I have no explanation why. HTH

The scanmaster still flashes on (2.1) then shuts off even with the new battery. Also, when i turn on the lights, turn on the wipers and put the car into gear it will display 2.1.

BTW sorry about the delayed response to my own thread.