Problems with fuel injector swap

It's leaking from just below the 16mm hex fitting that threads into the bottom of the FPR. I didn't see any leaking at the horizontal press-in fitting that presses into the fuel rail...so that would be the smaller O-ring, from what you described. Red arrow shows exactly where it's spraying from; between the fuel line and 16mm fitting.

EDIT: This topic seems to also cover this O-ring, and you replied with the important info there, too. Thanks!

https://turbobuick.com/threads/o-ring-or-no-0-ring.448225/

FPRegulator_Leak.JPG

Looks like I'm picking up Standard Motor Products SK26 and SK27, should cover me for both sizes of O-rings for the foreseeable future.

I called around for those Napa O-rings...the one with 2 of each size was about $13.95 Canadian. At the topic I linked above, there's mention of Standard SK26 and SK27. I picked up one of each, total was $8.00...for 10 of each size. 40 cents per O-ring vs. $3.49 per O-ring. Needless to say, I didn't buy the Napa part.

Standard_O-Rings.JPG

I removed the fuel pressure regulator so I could get at the O-ring more easily and replaced it. I was also able to re-thread on the fitting before bolting the FPR back on. This time, no leaks. :cool:

Updated pic of the engine bay...

EngineBay_AfterInjectorSwap1.JPG

EngineBay_AfterInjectorSwap2.JPG

I called around for those Napa O-rings...the one with 2 of each size was about $13.95 Canadian. At the topic I linked above, there's mention of Standard SK26 and SK27. I picked up one of each, total was $8.00...for 10 of each size. 40 cents per O-ring vs. $3.49 per O-ring. Needless to say, I didn't buy the Napa part.

What a price difference. Glad you found the other post. I recall back in the late '90s trying to find those o-rings. Ended up going to a GM dealer as the aftermarket hadn't stepped up yet. Don't remember the price but they weren't cheap.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Those little o rings can be a real pain. It's easy to pinch one or have it slip off the line while trying to thread in the fitting.

Honestly, I never even noticed the O-ring when I reattached the line to the FPR in the past. It was definitely in place the other day when I swapped it out for a new one. It looked fine to my eye, side-by-side with the new one, but it probably got pinched when I reattached the line. When I removed the FPR prior to reinstallation of the line, I was better able to line things up to make sure the line went in good and straight. It's a rather important detail to bring up, nobody wants to spray fuel from that fitting with the car running. :eek:

Leave everything loose until you get all the items installed and threaded. It makes it much easier to get the threads started.

I just line everything up, make sure the Fuel injectors are started in the intake manifold and the rail and give the rail a rap with a rubber mallet and everything goes right in then I bolt it down. Make sure to lube the O rings.

I’ve done 32’s, 36’s and 60’s. I’m about to install a Sportsman that Cal did an initial tune for 80’s so I’ll be doing it again.

BTW I have 36’s and flow matched 60’s. The 60’s were cleaned and checked at RC’s and have less than 300 miles on them since if anyone is interested.