Problem problem problem broken hood release cable with hood ****

chaparral

can anyone help me out, with the on slaught of snow in the eastern part of ohio i scrapped as much snow off the hood as possilbe but somehow or another the hood release cable either snaped or came out of its holder so now my hood is stuck in the down position what is the best and or only way to release the hood without damage, i removeed the grill and cant seem to see any way to get it to release,

if im in the wrong forum sorry but it said technical so can someone help and possible before tomorrow morning cause i need the car to drop my kids off at school at and before 9 00 desperate for a solution.

thanks steve

stevehllsbr@aol.com

Was a long time ago but IIRC I was able to reach thru the grill with
sockets and extentions and unbolt the latch mechanism.

Did the handle pop off in the inside of the car or did it slip out of the holder near the latch? You might be able to hold the sleeve with a pair of pliers and pull the handle.....just a thought. Or you can get some welding wire lol:p. Also don't forget to bang on the hood a little, I think that's standard procedure for gm hoods. You might want to get someone to pull on the handle while you do that.

i removed the grill and between the header panel and something else i see two bolts are those the bolts your refering two,

and as far as the cable begin broken well thats why i replaced the cable, just a couple days ago, so its not broken least i dont suspect it is, i think its come out of that goofy set up at the latch i tried to crimp the cable between the two pieces of thin metal there. so im sure its come out of its placement.

back to the bolts there are acouple bolts are ya thinking there holding the latch mech together and un bolt those and in theory the hood should raise enough to manually operate the release latch and then open the rest of way

problem problem problem FIXED FIXED

thank you to whom ever it was that told me about the bolts thru the grill i removed grill which i could probably have done thru grill and that give me access to the hood latch bolts i removed the two 1/2 bolts and the hood released with cable and all attached,

it was the cable, it had come out of the slot sleeve what ever thats called and left me high and dry and VERY COLD none the less i got it fixed fixed the belt and back to normal

and i didnt even have to bang on the hood LOL just kidding thanks