Pride and Joy Needs New Home

Original_Owner

Well, I really have mixed feelings about doing this, but I have come to the conclusion that I am going to have to sell my baby, the 1987 Regal Turbo T-Type that I ordered new in November, 1986.

I’m doing this to raise money to return to my family in South America.

Because I knew that I would be keeping the car for a long time, I have always used quality parts and mechanics. It has been involved in no accidents.

The car is a black Buick Regal Turbo T-Type with many options. The car currently has only 500 miles on the rebuilt motor and is just finishing break-in. I have not yet opened it up all the way, dialed up the boost, or changed the stock chip but it feels STRONG. The torque converter and transmission were gone through correctly only 6,000 miles ago. An NOS engine control computer from Highway Stars was installed before firing up the rebuilt engine. The above represents about $4,000 in restoration. I have documented in a memo book all repairs made to the car since October 1987 (the first couple of pages fell out years ago). The interior is very clean.

Additions to the factory package include 145 mph speedometer,ATR intercooler shroud, K&N air filter, adjustable wastegate, and aftermarket chips (currently not installed). The sound system was upgraded to a Delco AM-FM ETR cassette with Sony 10 disk CD changer in the trunk.

The car sports California plates 87TTYPE and it passed the smog test with ease.

I estimate that I also have near $1,000 worth of NOS parts stockpiled. Also is included an OTC diagnostic scanner.

The extensive literature includes 2 large shop manuals (about 18 inches thick of pages), the 1987 Dealer Marketing Book (I was told only 2 per dealership), and a large a collection of Kirban Performance and other Buick Turbo newsletters of the era.

The downsides of the vehicle are that it has original paint (presentable, see photos), the AC needs recharging (replaced new the compressor and drier in March, 2004), the cruise control may need work (I haven’t even had time to check the fuse and hoses), and the rear bumper filler will need replacing or repair. It is a high mileage car (currently 207,000 – used, not abused), but it has had outstanding maintenance. I have been out of the country for the past 3 years and just have not had time to take care of the above issues.

Because I am a motivated seller, I am asking $12,999 for everything. Here is your chance to have a powerful Turbo Buick that is quite rare in California.

Please feel free to email me with questions or call me on my cell phone of 626-664-7254. I am available to show the car most anytime.

Thanks for your interest.

Attachments

• 100_2504b.JPG
    100_2504b.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,314
  • 100_2505b.JPG
    100_2505b.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,314
Things most are going to want to know including me
What injectors are in the car??
What Size Turbo??
Stall in trans???
Transbrake??

Thanks!

Update to Modifications

Unless otherwise mentioned, everything (stall converter,etc) are stock for the special parts that came on a 1987 Turbo Regal.

Who built the engine?

What NOS parts come with it?

Any rust issues?

Need lots more Pics, engine compartment, underside, bottom of doors, trunk label showing options.

Response to TRDirks

Before I respond to the specifics, I'd like to say that if anyone interested is at all close to me, you should come over and drive it. I think that this will make you a believer.

I am also lowering my price this week by $1000. The new price is $12,000.

Now to the specific questions asked above.

The engine was rebuilt by a regular mechanic in Los Angeles contracted by my ex-wife while I was out of the country. He has about 30 years of experience and took his time fixing everything. He is not a "name" shop.

I'll have to inventory the NOS parts. Many of them are switches, (headlight, wiper,etc.) that would caused a problem driving if they were not functional. I also have emblems and, I think, even some original seat fabric.

There is a small amount of rust (smaller than the size of a dime) on the rear bottom exterior corner of both doors. The fenders and quarter panels are solid.

I'll see what I can do about getting more pictures. It has been unusually cloudy and cold here in CA to get many photos. Next week is supposed to be nicer and would facilitate this.

i just seen this car out in hacienda heights this weekend and boy i almost creamed my pants. Good luck with your sale,