Price check / potential GN for sale

BOOSTD

Hello all. I am currently a college student and my 87 grand national has been in storage for 3 years now. After a recent argument with my dad over it, I have decided to sell it. However, I have been out of the loop for a while now so I was hoping that one of you could give me a rough estimate as to how much my car is worth. Here's the stats:

1987 Grand National,

T-tops(hasnt been driven in 2 years, but stored under a car cover inside a barn)
~ 116k miles
Brand new Bowler transmission with 2800 rpm stall convertor< 1500 miles on it (~$3000 new)
Engine is in pretty good shape:
TE - 44 turbo
36# injectors
walbro 340 fuel pump (hotwired)
Jim testa performance chip X 2: one for 93 octain, one for race gas
full 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with a high flow muffler (not sure of the brand)
ASA Rims with new sumimoto tires
new valve springs
new timing chain and water pump

This is all I can remember for now. Im not going to lie about it. Its got some rust on the T -tops and some minor rust inside the doors. The passenger floor pannel has also been repaired due to rust. To the best of my knowledge there isnt any other serious rust on the car (i.e. just a few patches of surface rust). It could definatly use a paint job but it still looks fairly good when its washed and waxed. The interior is a 6 out of 10 with no major rips or tears.

I should emphasize that I DO NOT want to sell this car. It is my pride and joy. However, I do not forsee having the time or money in the future to take care of this car like it diserves to be. I am not looking to make a profit off of it, just to sell it for a fair price for both the buyer and myself.

Thanks for the help,
BOOSTD

BOOSTD said:
Hello all. I am currently a college student and my 87 grand national has been in storage for 3 years now. After a recent argument with my dad over it, I have decided to sell it. However, I have been out of the loop for a while now so I was hoping that one of you could give me a rough estimate as to how much my car is worth. Here's the stats:

1987 Grand National,

T-tops(hasnt been driven in 2 years, but stored under a car cover inside a barn)
~ 116k miles
Brand new Bowler transmission with 2800 rpm stall convertor< 1500 miles on it (~$3000 new)
Engine is in pretty good shape:
TE - 44 turbo
36# injectors
walbro 340 fuel pump (hotwired)
Jim testa performance chip X 2: one for 93 octain, one for race gas
full 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with a high flow muffler (not sure of the brand)
ASA Rims with new sumimoto tires
new valve springs
new timing chain and water pump

This is all I can remember for now. Im not going to lie about it. Its got some rust on the T -tops and some minor rust inside the doors. The passenger floor pannel has also been repaired due to rust. To the best of my knowledge there isnt any other serious rust on the car (i.e. just a few patches of surface rust). It could definatly use a paint job but it still looks fairly good when its washed and waxed. The interior is a 6 out of 10 with no major rips or tears.

I should emphasize that I DO NOT want to sell this car. It is my pride and joy. However, I do not forsee having the time or money in the future to take care of this car like it diserves to be. I am not looking to make a profit off of it, just to sell it for a fair price for both the buyer and myself.

Thanks for the help,
BOOSTD
between 6k and 12k depending on the bodys condition(rust on the t-tops could mean alot of money),the shape of the interior,and if the engine is in better than(pretty good shape)if you want the 6k,ill take it :)

87 buick

well with the milage,rust on doors and t-tops,interior needing work and knowing the car has been stored for two years it will need a tune up...i will offer you $6500.00..

Is that hood pins that I see in the hood?I would have to see alot more PIC to really be able to give you a fair price.If I had to make a guess I would have to say around 6k if it drives out good....Good luck when you put it up for sale.. :)
When you are ready to sell it let me know I would like to drive over to see it in person..Just let me know,How far from the Quad citys are you?

5000 - 6000 is what Im thinking about selling it for. Right now I am unable to sell it because its at my dads house (near springfield, IL) and Im in college about 150 miles away. Over spring break, I will get it cleaned up and running again and take some more picutres. Then I will really be ready to sell it.

thanks for the info,
BOOSTD

My car is arround Decatur Illinois. Id say its a good 5 hours or so from quad cities.