PRI tradeshow in Florida

Big Dave

Anyone go to this?

Wondering if GM Performance released there 6 bolt LSX head yet with flow numbers.

The head is not released yet, but I'm sure prototypes will start appearing before the projected release in June. They are rumored to flow over 400 on the intake and will require a special intake with raised runners.

Thanks Cal.

So then the carb intake that has holes to be modified to EFI will not work with the new heads then. Do you think they will make one then? June is a long way off. Probably go with the ET Performance 11* head Otto was showing me. I will have to find out if the carb intake will fit those heads though.

I was told that GM will be releasing a carb intake with injector bungs for the LSX heads. The ET peformance heads are bad a$$. The ones I wanted were $7500 for bare castings!!
If you need an Edelbrock intake, I have one I won't be using. It's setup for stock cathedral style heads.

I was told that GM will be releasing a carb intake with injector bungs for the LSX heads. The ET peformance heads are bad a$$. The ones I wanted were $7500 for bare castings!!
If you need an Edelbrock intake, I have one I won't be using. It's setup for stock cathedral style heads.

So those are close to $10,000 heads when all said and done. Yikes! They do nice work tho. Cal how will the LSX heads compare?

So those are close to $10,000 heads when all said and done. Yikes! They do nice work tho. Cal how will the LSX heads compare?

It's too soon to tell. I'm sure the ET heads will be better, but they probably cost 6-7 times as much

and yall keep saying "I'm going to SBC because it's cheaper" 10g's on a set of heads is a lot more than a set of GN1R's, TA's, or a set of stage 2 heads.:eek:

A friend just dropped 7k on a bare set of CFE SBX heads. They are a little cheif symmetrical port head for a standard small block. That's heads and guides. It can be done much cheaper if you can port your own heads as the CNC job is probably half the cost. By the time you buy rockers, springs and valves you'll be in them at 10k as well. 1500hp can be had with a $1200 set of heads but 2000+ is a whole new arena. Really no alternative when you're looking at a head that flows 420 on the intake, has symmetrical exhaust ports to avoid burning the gasket and has the deck thickness to take 2200hp with no headgasket issues from flexing.

and yall keep saying "I'm going to SBC because it's cheaper" 10g's on a set of heads is a lot more than a set of GN1R's, TA's, or a set of stage 2 heads.:eek:

LOL.... I guess that's one way of looking at it. But I think with an average set of heads one could still put down some big numbers with a SBC on pump gas.

It's too soon to tell. I'm sure the ET heads will be better, but they probably cost 6-7 times as much

Ok, thanx. Yea im sure they will be reasonable to go with the LSX block pricing. Meaning they are unlikely to be 3-4 times the cost of the block itself. Those ET heads look mean tho. Their port work is wicked!