Pretty good size leak.

Jordan_J

But I can't tell if it's coming from the gasket or dipstick tube. What do you think? It's grimy around the tube but it's wet on the gasket. That doesn't mean however that it couldn't have rolled down from the tube to the corner of the pan.

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

Looks like the Tube seal to me. It's clean where the fluid's been running down. If it was just the Pan gasket, fluid would be blowing up & dirt would be stuck to it.

clean it off really well. drive it around and check it. for me its hard to tell but looks like both are leaking

I believe both are leaking after another evaluation. Not sure why it's leaking so much all of a sudden though.

On a side note I noticed a bellhousing bolt looked backed out roughly 1/16-1/8" I can wiggle it with my fingers and I reached up to another above it and it felt loose too but looks tight. How many of those bolts are there I want to make sure they won't come off.

you talking about the bolts to the coverter or the crank? 3 for the converter and i think 6 for the crank

you talking about the bolts to the coverter or the crank? 3 for the converter and i think 6 for the crank

I'm not sure I'm still too much of a novice to know so here is a a picture. You can see the one bolt loose and it's near the bottom of the housing right above the TV cable and that corner that the other pics showed.

photo.jpg

O bell housing bolts. There's 6 of them. Those are the bolts that hold the trans to the motor. Just get out the tools and tighten them up. No biggy really. Top ones are a pain. Use a long extension and a u-joint.