Prescion Turbo

Scot, for future refrence, to find out the AN size, each 1/16th of an inch is 1 AN. So, 5/8ths equals 10/16ths so 5/8ths is -10 AN.
Cool, So it turns out that the return line wasn't too small after all..;) Maybe the turbo just needed to be broke in! :smile:

So far so good!

SW.

This is a new one

Cool, So it turns out that the return line wasn't too small after all..;) Maybe the turbo just needed to be broke in! :smile:

So far so good!

SW.

Never heard of having to "break a turbo in".

So, does the thread topic get updated to customer happy with PTE for fixing a turbo that wasn't broken over and over again??

So, does the thread topic get updated to customer happy with PTE for fixing a turbo that wasn't broken over and over again??
I guess you would have to ask the the customer (Eric) if he is Happy with PTE, He's happy to finally have the car fixed, I can tell you that much!

SW.

If the moderator wants to change the post title he can I have no control over that, but since presicion never mention a break in procedure on a turbo every, and I have never heard of that, they offered no tech of items to check to see why it went bad the third time in fact did not include any paper work on the repair of what went wrong with it.The second time they said the bearing went out of it. So with no info from them it left out in the dark as was caused the seal to go bad the last time or what parts were replaced. And when you call a couple times and leave messages and no return calls, I thought I was left with no other alternative.

Glad you guys got it figured out. I'm curious what size feed line you are using on the Presicion turbo saver kit? They dropped the newer feed lines an AN size to help eliminate to much oil. I know you guys got it figured out but if Eric has an older style turbo saver, maybe it'll also help if you get the smaller line. I believe the older size was a -6 and the newer size is a -4. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

After just reading this thread i checked my installation manual for my PTE Turbo Saver and it says i have the -6 feed line. I don't believe i'm having any over-oiling issues, but would i be better off changing it to a -4 line?

My friend had a Turbonetics BB turbo & it smoked when he installed it.

I was told that w/Turbonetics BB turbos they do not need restrictors.

This is normally the case, but my friends L6 was running a lot more oil pressure than the norm about 80 psi @ idle.
He installed a restrictor @ that solved the problem.
Here is his fast car. It's the yellow one that lost,still sorting the car out.
Only second time @ a track w/his car.
YouTube - [AUTODYNAMICS.com.br] Caravan 6 cilindros turbo 7.822@276KMH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYsHgExjA_8

restrictor

Glad you guys got it figured out. I'm curious what size feed line you are using on the Presicion turbo saver kit? They dropped the newer feed lines an AN size to help eliminate to much oil. I know you guys got it figured out but if Eric has an older style turbo saver, maybe it'll also help if you get the smaller line. I believe the older size was a -6 and the newer size is a -4. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I've had the old #6 line since they first came out. Doesn't matter what size line ( as long as it is as big as the orfice in restrictor). The restrictor goes in the fitting on top of turbo.

That is true. It really only matters how large the restrictor is. But on the other hand, your going to build more volume with the larger line and once it hits the restrictor, I'm wondering if it will still produce more flow through the restrictor at the same pressure? I just wonder why they are now running the smaller lines?

That is true. It really only matters how large the restrictor is. But on the other hand, your going to build more volume with the larger line and once it hits the restrictor, I'm wondering if it will still produce more flow through the restrictor at the same pressure? I just wonder why they are now running the smaller lines?

Going from memory here, when the kit first came out, it did indeed had a -6 An sized feed line, but, it was soon determined that this line size was too large. Our Oil Filtration kit first came out in early 1994. I believe it was around late 1995 that the line size was changed to -4 An. I purchased my very first oil filtration kit in late 1995 from, at that time, Modern Musclecar. WOOHOO. :) It indeed had a -4 An feed line with the kit. That kit was still installed on my old car when I sold it to Avon in 2005. Albeit with a replacement feed line that the 120* hose end fitting seized up on after 10 years of use. But it was replaced with an off the shelf -4 An line.

After reading some posts recently, it was brought to my attention that the Oil Filtration kits' instruction manual was incorrect and needed a serious overhaul with detailed pictures. I personally went through and re-wrote the instruction manual and made the corrections. Thankfully, one of our customers sent me some recent pictures of his installation and with his blessing, we are now using those pictures in our latest revised instruction manual.
Hope this helps.

Patrick

Going from memory here, when the kit first came out, it did indeed had a -6 An sized feed line, but, it was soon determined that this line size was too large. Our Oil Filtration kit first came out in early 1994. I believe it was around late 1995 that the line size was changed to -4 An. I purchased my very first oil filtration kit in late 1995 from, at that time, Modern Musclecar. WOOHOO. :) It indeed had a -4 An feed line with the kit. That kit was still installed on my old car when I sold it to Avon in 2005. Albeit with a replacement feed line that the 120* hose end fitting seized up on after 10 years of use. But it was replaced with an off the shelf -4 An line.

After reading some posts recently, it was brought to my attention that the Oil Filtration kits' instruction manual was incorrect and needed a serious overhaul with detailed pictures. I personally went through and re-wrote the instruction manual and made the corrections. Thankfully, one of our customers sent me some recent pictures of his installation and with his blessing, we are now using those pictures in our latest revised instruction manual.
Hope this helps.

Patrick

Pat, yeah I do remember that the instructions were pretty old school! I need to get ahold of you and figure out whats wrong with my turbo or feed line. The 70HPQBB turbo has less than 100 miles on it and is already spitting oil into my Intercooler. When I first bought this, neither the kit nor the turbo had a restrictor. I cant remember whether you sent me another fitting or I went out and bought one. Either way, I'd like to know if this the correct restrictor or not so I can rule it out as a problem. This is all on my Stage 2 motor so I'm not using a stock return line. I have a -10 fed back into the oil pan. there's really only three things that could be wrong, the feed or restrictor is too much, the return isnt enough, or this turbo has a bad seal already. I dont want to throw stones so I'd just like to check the obvious at first. It seems to me that the return is ok but I did use a 90 fitting into the pan so I'm curious if that could be a restriction? I'm going to try a spare 45 I have and see if that changes anything and double check that the restrictor is correct frist. If you can help, please send me a PM. Thanks! ----Jeremy