precision slic and K-B ram air Dam

1turbo6

anybody running this combo? the scoop is way to small on the intercooler for the width of the kenne bell scoop. has anyone modded the scoop? if so how much does it need to widened?

That Combo here

Yes, the Precision SLIC shroud / scoop is narrower and taller that the KB Air Dam Scoop.

I didn't modify the Precision shroud / scoop, I modified (bent) the KB Air dam Scoop to fit under the SLIC Scoop. The KB piece meets the IC with a tongue, I slit this tongue vertically along the sides to make it more plyable and fitted it under the Precision shroud / scoop.

I still have to "seal" the setup - completely close up the KB piece along the length and sides, but I like the arrangement. The KB air dam scoop protects (runs under) the Precision shroud / scoop.

Pretty trick SLIC huh....it is quite a bit larger (more rows - 3" in and out) than my old CAS V-4.

mile high gn
do you have any pics of your set up? I am going to widen the shroud that came with the intercooler to be able to fit the kb scoop inside. I started to cut up the shroud and widen the opening about 1-2 inches each side then have a buddy weld a few patches in to seal it up.

Dang I wish something like those were still manufactured. I'm going to be upgrading to a Precision SLIC (or similar) and those setups would be the shiznit! :cool:

So, did you get the intercooler to mount square or did you modify the mounting brackets? Don't forget the intercooler is mounted to the engine so any movement will have to be accounted for where it's attached to the KB air dam.

I had to lengthen the slots on the water pump a good 1/2 inch also the slots on the intercooler side 1/2 inch the holes were way off. I cant believe this fit so poorly. but it sits nice and level now and looks straight. now on to the shroud problem. at least I have 2 of them.

I had to lengthen the slots on the water pump a good 1/2 inch also the slots on the intercooler side 1/2 inch the holes were way off. I cant believe this fit so poorly. but it sits nice and level now and looks straight. now on to the shroud problem. at least I have 2 of them.

Same here, we really had to work the supplied bracket, way off - I was surprised.

I can't do a pic - or if I can I don't know how. It's nothing special, the KB Ram Air scoop slides under the unmodified precision scoop. Looking from the front, there remains "open space" to the left of the IC scoop. Still need to seal it all up.

Mile Hi GN and 1turbo6;
How close is the front of the SLIC to your stabilizer/roll bar?

my intercooler is very close, almost touching the swaybar on 1 side. my engine sits a little off ,so I am gonna try to shift it over a bit. but the clearance between the bar is very tight.

Thanks for the response. Sounds like mine on the driver's side. Have you driven the car around with this close condition; any issues?

mines tight on the drivers side also. havent driven the car since october too much salt on the roads, I'll wait till spring.

I have the KB ram air scoop. I have a spearco SLIC and I was able to get is tied into the KB scoop. I could't get rid of the scoop, they just look so good on our cars. I really think it gives the car a mean look.

mines tight on the drivers side also. havent driven the car since october too much salt on the roads, I'll wait till spring.

I realigned mine today. Have a 1/2" clearance on both sides now. I tilted the top of the IC forward and tweaked the drivers' side IC bracket. ;)

The KB ram air scoop; looks like I can rework the width on mine to fit, but the height of the opening would be small, and then taper to the bottom of the PTE IC shroud. I like the look of the KB also, but it may limit the amount of air...