Precision FMIC Install Help-->>

Brandon#

I am almost finished installing my PTE FMIC, but I can't get the up pipe to mate up to the TB. It's like it's 2" too short. I don't see anyway to manipulate the IC or piping to make it work. Does anyone have any ideas?

If I put the TB side on first the pipe will not mate up to the IC. It kind of looks like this OO. The pipe touches the edge of the coupling, but will not go on.

Last edited:
get a longer 3x2.5 tapered adapter coupling .. not a step coupling , precision had long tapered adapter couplings
or cut the pipe under the rad support ,roll the ends and then use a long 3"hose coupling and clamps

Last edited:
get a longer 3x2 tapered adapter coupling .. not a step coupling , precision had long tapered adapter couplings
or cut the pipe under the rad support ,roll the ends and then use a long 3"hose coupling and clamps

Thanks for the tip. It sounds like the 3"x2" tapered long coupling would be my best bet. Any idea how long it should be? I know I could measure what I have now, but I was wondering what PTE originally included with these IC's.

Wow, thanks for the link! At this point, I am so frustrated after wrestling with it for 4 hours that I would gladly pay the $56. I

When I purchased the car, that area was a bit worn and hasn't gotten any worse so probably not too much

I have the longer tapered coupling hose. Let me know if needed...

Claude. ;)

DSCN4421.JPG DSCN4422.JPG

I had this same problem with my precision front mount after installing HR motor mounts...
I ended up buying a longer coupling hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk