Precision 6466 CEA with E cover

That compressor needs more than an e cover and even an s cover if it's anything like the old t04z which id bet $ it is. I'd order the largest cover you can. If you were that dead set on an e I'm pretty sure the covers are interchangeable without swapping backplates on those. You could order an e cover and have it machined for your turbo.

I could go with the ported S cover, but will have to have the pipe running to the FMIC modified. I have a spare 6262 with the ported S cover and when I mocked it up, the turbo outlet is an inch lower than the intercooler piping. I guess I could take the piping and have an inch cut out of it and re-welded. My 6765 has the E cover and fits the existing piping perfectly.

Here is a pic of the 6262 with the S cover. Note how the outlet is mis-aligned:
IMG_1333.jpg

s cover if it's anything like the old t04z which id bet $ it is.

The only thing Precisions ported S cover shares in common with an HKS TO4Z s cover, are the 4" inlet and 2.5" outlet sizes. The internal and external dimensions as well as the raw castings are 100% different.

toomanymodz,
Are you wanting to run this turbo in THS class, because of the E cover rule? Or are you just wanting the latest technology? Your S cover on your 6262 turbo, has the same external dimensions as the one used on the 6466. So you would need to shorten your IC feed pipe, or how about this, could you simply run a longer hose where the IC pipe attaches to the FM? This would allow you to push the pipe lower and be able to meet up to the comp cover discharge. Or, is the car lowered and the IC pipe can't be that low? Or is the main problem the pipe being offset from the turbo discharge? Meaning, it was originally made to only hook up to a H comp cover? Really hard to tell from the picture.

Patrick

The intercooler pipe is too long. Apparently the outlet on an S cover is slightly lower than the outlet on an E cover. The pipe is one piece and is rigid, so I cannot lower it to line up with the turbo. The boot where the pipe attaches to the intercooler is short. Hmmm, what I could do is have the pipe cut, beads welded on the ends and slip a boot on it to make it adjustable. The other pipe is already like that, it has a boot mid-way up.

No THS class or anything. This car is just for street duty. The goal is high 10's on pump only @19 or 20 psi, and so far I'm at 11.18 sec. I'm running 3000 stall, so the spool up with the 6765 is a little slow for my taste. Not bad at all, just that I'd like to see it spool a bit faster and get a little more power. If the new turbo can give me an extra 30 or 40 HP, that would probably put me where I want to be.

Doesn't look like a big deal to cut that pipe and move it over. I think your making a mountain out of a molehill. If you want that turbo get it and mod the pipe.

RUQWKNF said:
The only thing Precisions ported S cover shares in common with an HKS TO4Z s cover, are the 4" inlet and 2.5" outlet sizes. The internal and external dimensions as well as the raw castings are 100% different.

toomanymodz,
Are you wanting to run this turbo in THS class, because of the E cover rule? Or are you just wanting the latest technology? Your S cover on your 6262 turbo, has the same external dimensions as the one used on the 6466. So you would need to shorten your IC feed pipe, or how about this, could you simply run a longer hose where the IC pipe attaches to the FM? This would allow you to push the pipe lower and be able to meet up to the comp cover discharge. Or, is the car lowered and the IC pipe can't be that low? Or is the main problem the pipe being offset from the turbo discharge? Meaning, it was originally made to only hook up to a H comp cover? Really hard to tell from the picture.

Patrick
I'd expect at least what the to4z does for mass flow and then some and probably still efficient at 3.5:1 where the old t wheel craps out. If I had to guess 85lbs/min should be possible. The t04z crapped out around 78 lbs/min from what I've seen. To me anything that uses an old 67 cast wheel with a 76p trim is a to4z turbo. 6776/6765 with the old cast wheel. They all support roughly the same mass flow and the 76p was a great match with that ok'd 11 blade turbine. The 64 cea should run 140+ in a full weight TR.

toomanymodz said:
The intercooler pipe is too long. Apparently the outlet on an S cover is slightly lower than the outlet on an E cover. The pipe is one piece and is rigid, so I cannot lower it to line up with the turbo. The boot where the pipe attaches to the intercooler is short. Hmmm, what I could do is have the pipe cut, beads welded on the ends and slip a boot on it to make it adjustable. The other pipe is already like that, it has a boot mid-way up.

No THS class or anything. This car is just for street duty. The goal is high 10's on pump only @19 or 20 psi, and so far I'm at 11.18 sec. I'm running 3000 stall, so the spool up with the 6765 is a little slow for my taste. Not bad at all, just that I'd like to see it spool a bit faster and get a little more power. If the new turbo can give me an extra 30 or 40 HP, that would probably put me where I want to be.

If it were me and i wanted spoolup I'd use the 6262. You will need to raise the power band to have consistent 10 sec power at the low boost levels

I think I'll take the pipe and have it modded. Once I get high 10's on pump, the next 'phase' will be running 25# boost on 110 octane with around 24 degrees timing. Before I do that, there are a number of things that must be addressed: moser axles, rear girdle, voltage booster, bigger tires etc. That'll be done maybe next year. I'm having a lot of fun with the car as it is. The engine runs absolutely amazing. Very strong and very streetable.