Powerstroke performance

A neighbor has a late (02?) Powerstroke dually crew cab, 4x4. With the *Edge* programmer, and using it's little G-Tech type acclerometer, *after*, it runs low 18s. Smokin all 6 tires from a stand still was comical. It's all stock but the programmer.

"I am on the fence. The pro's right now for the GM are the Allison trans and the 10year/100k mile engine/trans warranty."

Unless they have changed it it's 5 year/100k on engine and 3 year/36k on Allison.
Still an awsome truck though.

Jeff

Originally posted by bruce
A neighbor has a late (02?) Powerstroke dually crew cab, 4x4. With the *Edge* programmer, and using it's little G-Tech type acclerometer, *after*, it runs low 18s. Smokin all 6 tires from a stand still was comical. It's all stock but the programmer.

My 03Duramax went low 14's @102mph (traction limited), with the stock exhaust/air filter, etc.. The ONLY mod was reprograming the ecu. Unfortunatly, the same level of programing isn't available for my new Duramax, yet (LLY motor).

The old Dodges have nonwastegated turbos because the turbine housing is huge, it will only make so much boost. If you swap a smaller turbine housing, you will gain boost and lose lag. You can never really have too much air in a diesel. Fuel makes power, but it also makes heat. The air is needed to cool it down. It is the opposite of a gasser. More heat (fuel or load) makes more boost. My Duramax is making 28 to 30 psi in 5th with a completely stock wastegate that makes only 20 to 22 stock.
The early Dodges (89 to 93) can be turned up by a screw on the pump.

Originally posted by HighPSI
My 03Duramax went low 14's @102mph (traction limited), with the stock exhaust/air filter, etc.. The ONLY mod was reprograming the ecu. Unfortunatly, the same level of programing isn't available for my new Duramax, yet (LLY motor).

My buddy has an 03 Duramax automatic 2500 ext cab 4wd. With the Edge box, coldair intake and an exhaust it went 14.30's killing the tires. The truck is a blast to drive. When the TC locks up at @ 45 mph it pulls like mad! It's funny smoking ricers literally.

02 F250 CC 4X4 . It has a Hypertech 3 . Would love to sell the Hypertech. Still has the box. Anyone? 200.00 shipped.