powerplate question

JASON

THE ORIGANL FREAKZILLA
how many 10 sec. cars out their are running the powerplate I have a stock ported & polished plen. with all the egr stuff cut out and im wondering if that power plate is helping or hurting me? thanks

FYI #1 & #2 finishers and qualifiers in the TSM class at the 2002 nats had power plates.

My personal car slows down about one and a half tenths without it on back to back runs.

Hey Jason,

My power plate for accufab TB came in yesterday. Nice piece!

Should I leave the EGR blocked or drill the hole? If I leave it blocked by the plate, do I have to do anything with the valve?

I'm not concerned about emissions. Is there much bennefit to blocking it?

Thanks in advance, Vic

no emissions then leave it.

I am interested in this post also. please reply if you have a pp and are running 10's or better

here is a little list

Roy Garcia 10.29
Walt Judy 10.6?
Jason Cramer 9.96

No 10 sec. timeslips for me (yet) but I've run a best of 11.40 with the powerplate and stock plenum and throttle body.

My previous best before the PP was a 11.38 @ 26psi at the traps. With the PP and reducing the preload on my lifters I went 11.40 @ 22.5psi at the traps. In addition, my 60' time on the 11.40 run was also about .06 slower. I can't say for sure if the PP has really helped me... but it definately isn't hurting. For about $50 I definately think it was worth the try.

Thanks again Jason!!
-Banning.

I see you're now selling the PowerPlate along with the Precision plenum together as a kit.

What size is the Precision plenum you're selling? 70mm?

I sell both stock size and 70mm precision plenums in polished or plain alum.

both mine and walt's are precision plenum plates. I can't remember what Roy had.

Jace it went 6.60 @ 104 10.52 @ 106 a few weeks ago. I had two much fuel in it and we got rained out right after that pass. I think if the 60 would of came around and with some more tuning that day it would of went low 40s or high 30s. Thanks jason And thanks steve Y for the max effort-r The car is also very consistant. About a month ago it went 10.69.4 10.69.4 10.69.5 In my three qualifing passes.

That seems to be a side benifit to the plate. consistancy.

Thanks for all the replys;) the thing I was wondering is with the plate on did it cut the cylinder press. down? (i.e.25psi at the T/B and 20 at the cylinder ) so would you have to up the boost to make it up what you lost? my being restrictive. im not putting the plate down at all becouse I could see a diffrence as soon as I started the car it ideled alot better and a more smooth pull ..

we have pressure tested above and below the plate in actual running boosted conditions and have found that there is no difference in pressure above or below the plate.

Jason,

As you stated, on your car on back to back runs you slow down .1-.15 w/o the plate. Do you see any change in boost, EGT, etc? I'm assuming if your car runs better with the plate due to improved mixture distribution you would see some indication of this.

Thanks for your time,

Jim

zero difference in boost pressure. The egt, if it changed it was not by much. Not enough for me to notice, I monitor it every pass.
Some say they see a difference, i did not on my personal car.

Powerplate

No 10's yet but almost there. I ran a 11.38 at 121 mph and 11.12 at 124 mph with small shot of NOS. I also use the power plate on stock plenum. :D :D

Powe PLate

I'm truely embarrased.....:eek: But who carries the power plate.

No this is not a joke. Just stupidity. Missed this one for sure.

You can e- me or post.

Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance....Rob

Hey Jason, howz it going?
The plate sure reduced my knock and I seen a tenth improvment without tuning.
Thanks, Don