Powerplate EGR

IronEagle119

"To drill or not to drill, that is the question."

Ok really, I've done a search for powerplate and EGR, and found all the debate posts, but I'm still unclear if i shoulkd drill the hole. In West Virginia, we do not have to pass any emmisions tests here. Jason or anyone else that knows for sure what to do, let me know.

Thx

Originally posted by IronEagle119
"To drill or not to drill, that is the question."

Ok really, I've done a search for powerplate and EGR, and found all the debate posts, but I'm still unclear if i shoulkd drill the hole. In West Virginia, we do not have to pass any emmisions tests here. Jason or anyone else that knows for sure what to do, let me know.

Thx

This ain't a matter of hey guys what do I do. You need to write to Jay (if that's whose chip your running), and ask him.

The MAF calibration, Highway spark, MAT temp (actual not sensor value) are all predicated on weither it's working or not.

That being said, there are minor advantages to disabling it, WHEN the chip is CORRECTED for it being disabled.

Just drill it. there is virtually no advantage in these cars to closing it off. In a carbureted 454 it would make a difference. Not in these motors. I drilled mine and it runs great

Drilled mine too. Didn't see any advantages to NOT drilling it.

i didn't drill mine for other reasons. When I got my motor the EGR bracket wasn't included, so i had no wa to mount my EGR...and of course this part is discontinued and i can't find it anywhere...so i blocked off the egr opening.

BTW i'm running a Thrasher chip, they don't use the EGR anyway right?