Powermaster

f117v6

I have been having trouble with my powermaster brake system instantly blows the 30 amp fuse when I turn the ignition on. I'm pretty sure that the motor is shot I have went through the troubleshooting tree and read up on the diagnostic for testing the ports on the motor and the pressure switch. I was doing some other work on the car while waiting for parts to arrive to fix the powermaster and I noticed now that my fan for the radiator does not seem to work correctly are these two linked together through a relay ? or are they two separate relays for wiring diagrams I've read a lot of forums and can't seem to find anything that is definitive if they are separated or not... It brings up another thought to me that I am going to hydroboost system do I need to plug anything into these connections at powermaster if they are connected together so it bypasses the powermaster

The fan should still work but the delay will not if the fuse is blown. When you remove the powermaster just leave the powermaster connector unplugged. You don't have to bypass anything.

Just to add to mikestertwos reply,
The cooling fans low speed and hi speed relays get there main power from fusible link E which is located at the starter solenoid.

The 5 amp relays fuse provides the +side of 12 volts to the coils that turn the fan relays on,
and the ecm provides the ground - side that turns only the low speed relay on....or the A/C High pressure switch over 260 psi but under 300 psi has to close which will also turn the low speed relay on.

In order to turn the high speed relay on either the coolant temp switch on top of the intake manifold has to close
or the A/C hi pressure switch over 300 psi has to close.

The delay relay also gets it main power from the Fusible link E....but the reason it will not work if the 30 amp brake fuse is blown is this fuse also supplies power to the timer circuit inside the delay relay.

And the delay relay is then turned on by the coolant temp switch on top of the intake.

All of this assumes stock unmodified wiring.

Hope this helps and I can send you pics of the wiring diagram if you pm me your phone# or email.

Thanks turbo guys ,,,,,,,i got to spend some time under the hood today,,,,,,,,you guys where right on the same 30AMP FUSE FOR POWERMASTER CONTROLS THE FAN DELAY ,,,OR manual over ride switch in my case .... one problem solved........now about that dead short in the windings of the powermaster motor time to get out the charge card:mad: thanks for the advise guys I know everyones time is valuable. I have been working on these cars for 19 years and sometimes you just need to step back I just don't have time to work on them like I used to

Link works for me? Anyways you can goto Kirbans site and find the power master book. I highly recommend it for anyone running the power master.