Powermaster

Live4Boost

Word
Tonight I put on a new brake accumulator and when I turned the key on, the pump never would stop and it made lots of noise. I tried it 4 or 5 times in 20 sec intervals. I thought that I read on here before to crack the line open that is directly below it if this happens, so I did and this is where the problems started. The line blew off and a type of seal ring blew out of the hole. So my first question is does this seal press back in or what, I didnt want to force it and misalign something. Second question is was this the proper thing to do, and when I get this line fixed should everything be fine? I was suppost to goto the track tomarrow night with some family so I am really hoping to get some answers. Thanks all for reading.

Bob

I fought my PM for a minute and than went with vac brakes(about $150 to change over). I can comfortably hold 8-10lbs of boost on the line. Even though they spin like he!! when I get off the brakes :biggrin: Just somebody's 2 cents though

I finally found the parts I needed today from Gbodyparts and I ordered a whole new powermaster unit. If this one screws up I am going to convert. How much is really involved in converting? I will pry kick myself for not doing it now. . . .. . .

Bob

Vac. is the way to go. My motor took a dump on my PM so I found a complete unit and swapped it out. I'm on the edge of tearing it out. I already picked up a vac. set up. You can pick one up cheap from guys on the boards or from a local yard. If you want to play with the PM try.. http://www.cardone.com/ they also rebuild the powermasters. Thinking of sending a core to them to see what's involved. That's who Kirban is buying them from.

I will have to check out their site. Yeah I think that I shouldve went to vac. but this all happened last night and I wanted to goto the norwalk buick event this weekend. So I just reordered a new PM so I could do a swap easily on friday and hit up the show on sat and sunday. Ohh well im sure I will learn a lesson here hahaha

Bob