PowerMaster to Vacuum Brakes

2006Blackmax

Does anyone have pics of a vacuum conversion ? Curious as how the Vaccum Booster clears firewall wires...Thanks

I don't have a pic right now. But I can say that "firewall wires" were never even a concern for my conversion. In fact I don't know of any "firewall wires" that go underneath or over the booster. There is the firewall plug nearby (from the fuse panel) with some wires that go down the drivers side inner fender...which doesn't get in the way of the braking system at all. My only concerns were peddle feel...and it "feels" very close to the OEM Power Master system. Got my kit from Kirbans Performance. No Regrets!

I don't have a pic right now. But I can say that "firewall wires" were never even a concern for my conversion. In fact I don't know of any "firewall wires" that go underneath or over the booster. There is the firewall plug nearby (from the fuse panel) with some wires that go down the drivers side inner fender...which doesn't get in the way of the braking system at all. My only concerns were peddle feel...and it "feels" very close to the OEM Power Master system. Got my kit from Kirbans Performance. No Regrets!

^^X2

IMG_2245.JPG

IMG_2707.JPG

Thanks, Nice Clean job, I like how you routed Vac line out back, I need to paint my Booster, Is that Matte Black? Thanks

Thanks, Nice Clean job, I like how you routed Vac line out back, I need to paint my Booster, Is that Matte Black? Thanks

Thank you. I bought the set up from a J/Y out of an '86 monte ss, the booster came this way.
I generally like krylon satin black for a factory look.

Last edited:
Thank you. I bought the set up from a J/Y out of an '86 monte ss, the booster came this way.
I generally like krylon semi- flat or semi- gloss black, I forget what they call it, for under hood stuff. It might even be satin black, I'll look in the morning.

That polished master cylinder looks very good. Good job!

Looks Awesome, Good Job.....any idea as what a shop would charge to convert? Getting older and dread the pedal change.

Looks Awesome, Good Job.....any idea as what a shop would charge to convert? Getting older and dread the pedal change.

Some say that removing the drivers seat makes it easier for tall fellows or fellows that don't bend so easy. Lol

And take you time.

The vac line goes down around the booster, up next to the firewall, under the coil/ ign mod bracket and connects to the pcv hard line with a tee.

I edited the previous post to reflect my preference for a factory under hood paint is the Krylon satin black, but then again, everything looks shiny when you load it up with Armorall.

I did the swap and yes removing the seat is a must. I put some paper towel in the spacer, so you can tell when the bolt is in the right spot, it'll push the paper out. It was hard at first to tell if the bolt was in there without the paper

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

what size is the Monte SS vac booster?

My apologies, I missed your post.
It's approx. 8.5" Dia. X 6" deep (front to back).
I should add the Monte SS booster is a dual diaphragm booster as well.
I don't remember noticing any difference as far as pedal feel compared to the crash master system, uhh, I mean the power master system.:geek:

Last edited: