Powermaster Issues

GN_Man_NC

I am going to be pretty clear cut with this one, I don't drive the car much, but a couple weeks ago I noticed the brake light came on, well this thing is I have normal braking, the fuse is good. But on some occasions the light will not come on when I crank the car and drive it, but like today it came on and stayed on. What should I be looking for to go bad, I know how it is to drive this things without power brakes, I just never had this type of situation happen before.

Thanks

Sounds like your accumulator has gone bad. Read up on powermaster brake systems and decide if you want to repair it or change out to a different brake system.

Replacement accumulator balls are available on ebay and from Kirbans.

If you do decide to keep the powermaster, I would suggest going through and rebuilding the master cylinder with new seals, and ofcourse bleeding the entire brake system.

Yeah sounds like the accumulator. When I started mine for the first time this year the light came on but turned off as I backed out of the driveway.

Check the fluid in the reservoir and see if there's a bunch of dark gunk in the bowl, this could be a sign of the rubber seals deteriorating.

Cycle your accumulator. It probably has air in it.
I have a link in my sig to some bleeding procedures.
Cycling is closer to the end of the thread.