Powermaster help

MY T FAST

Hi guys,
i have always been able to hear my powermaster motor come on when i hit the brakes. but as of last night, out of the blue, the motor got MUCH louder, like 3 or 4 times louder, and it sounds like its straining. i don't have any issues with brake performance (knock on wood) and the idiot brake light hasn't come on. what is this indicative of? is my sourmaster motor on its way out?

one more question, what happens if my powermaster motor goes? will i lose all brakes? or will it become manual brakes? just wondering how urgent this repair needs to be. thanks in advance, gents.
Talon

First of all, dont drive it. Be safe NOT sorry. There is a diagnostic chart for the PM that u can search for on here to do some tests.

Is the unit original?
When was the last time u changed the brake fluid?

If the PM motor goes out, u will only have manual brakes but there have been horror stories about this and quite a few crashes.

Brakes are often overlooked but if u care about ur care then this issue is URGENT!

Manual brakes if your lucky and you can squat 600 lbs. If it does go out and you absolutely have to get it home, unplug the main plug which goes into the top of the unit, the pressure switch, at least then you will be able to apply brake pressure and stop the car. This is provided you don't get into a collision first.

As mentioned above look at the trouble shooting for the power master unit. If it's not blowing fuses and the brake light isn't coming on your lucky so far. I have heard some loud units and they worked fine. Also have a look at the rubber bushings which support and insulate the unit, they do deteriorate with time.

if all else fails, don' be afraid of converting to vacuum, the single greatest mod I had done for just under $300.00, this was with new master cylinder and a rebuilt brake booster from Cardone. I was lucky when mine went out, no one was in front of me and I was driving along slowly.